1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

In need of guidance

Discussion in 'Critique My Aquascape' started by mrjackdempsey, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mrjackdempsey

mrjackdempsey New Member

Hi all,haven't posted for a while just busy reading and learning.The reason for this post is information.My main tank is 150cm x 50 cm x 50 cm and houses some cichlids(Jack Dempsey,Salvani,etc) and Congo tetras and would like to make the tank more 'interesting'.The tank isn't planted as such ( or at least aquascaped) but does contain plants,bog wood etc.Would like some pointers to make the tank easier on the eye and not such a mess
    010-1.mp4 video by misterjackdempsey - Photobucket

[​IMG]

thanking you in advance:daydream:

2. Carolina

Carolina New Member

Well the fish seem to be happy.

You're going to have to start on one side and thin it out. Do a little each week and do water changes afterwards. The picture where the lilly was looked like with better camera focus it would have looked okay. Put plants with variation next to each other. Round leaf next to thin leaves. Cut different plant to different levels. I am still learning too. This is advise that was given to me.

3. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

It's a little difficult to get a view of the whole tank, but from what I saw there just needs to be some minor clean-up as Carolina suggested.

This includes

- Grouping similar species
    - Creating open space in the foreground
    - building up your background so that the "mess" in the foreground has a better visual foundation.

-John N.