1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

i'll go first

Discussion in 'Critique My Aquascape' started by saintly, Sep 14, 2008.

1. saintly

saintly Aspiring Aquascaper

what do you reckon?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it started like this a few months ago....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Raslad

Raslad New Member

Wow. I reckon it'll do. 8) I like how the angels and neons "pop" on the Background of greens. Beautiful Scape.

3. saintly

saintly Aspiring Aquascaper

thanks.

my spec is rena 300
    pressurised co2
    ada AS malaya
    Ehaim 2028
    4 x 54w HOT5

the tank has changed alot from when it first started out and it wont be long until i rip it down and do a total re scape.

4. J House

J House Moderator Staff Member

Looks like your going 1st and 2nd since there's two scapes there LOL. Its hard to judge the 2nd scape since there isn't a front shot, but the foreground looks great. Talk about your perfect fish, those angels on the first scape are just fantastic for the colors and openess of the tank. A little hard to see the midground area, but yeah I like it.

5. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

LOL I spilled water on my keyboard after I read that. Thanks alot Jeff! :D

1st Scape
    Absolutely stunning. Great plant selection, not to mention a fantastic selection of white colored angels to contrast with the darkness of the tank.

I wish the foreground patches of Riccia (I think) weren't pressed up against the front of the glass + I think the holes in the foreground are a slight let down as well. Lastly, I think you should allow the beauty of the plants shine a little more. By that I mean, the overall aquascape is so dark that it doesn't allow us to see the colorful Potamogeton stems. I suppose the darkness is apart of the mystery of the scape, but with such healthy plants I don't they should be hidden.

2nd Aquascape
    Lovely tank overall. I agree it's hard to offer a complete opinion without a frontal shot, however from the parts I do see it looks amazing. There's a good slope from front to back and you obviously used the vertical height of the tank very well. I think this tank might be even better than aquascape #1. You have a green thumb at getting your plants to shine at their best. Well done!

-John N.