1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for a Cube

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by tirtha1979, Jul 6, 2008.

1. tirtha1979

tirtha1979 New Member

Hi Friends, I am planning to rescape my 1feet Cube again and looking for ideas. It will be really great if you can share couple of your nano scapes or can give me some idea to finalize my planning.

Will be waiting for your kind inputs. :proud:

2. Jdinh04

Jdinh04 New Member

I am actually planning to setup a cube tank in my office somtime within the next couple of weeks. I don't really have anything planned yet except that I'll be using slow growing plants and the tank will be very low maintenance. But i'm sure there are tons of great ideas that people can gather up to help you out.

Are you planning to use any driftwood or rocks in the scape?

3. tirtha1979

tirtha1979 New Member

I am open for any ideas. Either a island setup or an Iwagumi. But here in india, find out a good narrow brunchy driftwood is a real pain.

4. Chadly

Chadly New Member

I've had ideas of making a nice centerpeice w/ a canopy of 1 - 2 species of ludwigia, rotala or hygro growing within a tangle of branches above a nice grouping of natural "fallen" pile of rocks. In the rocks, having a smaller species of crypt growing out of the cracks. Possibly some type of mosses. All this taking up two thirds the foot print of the tank, the substrate surrounding being bare, no ground cover. Done of a light colored sand. A very clean groomed look to it, nothing growing out of place, almost a symmetry to it.

I'm sure you can find some sort of branches out in a park or wooded area near where you live. Then you can treat it yourself.