1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

IAPLC photoshop issue.

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Kookaburra, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Kookaburra

Kookaburra New Member

Exactly the same thing for me ... Where is the pleasure to participate with totaly fake tanks ??? Nothing for me :frusty:

Sponsored link:

2. Kookaburra

Kookaburra New Member

You don't respect me with what you do, why I have to respect you ???

It's a very strange thing ... you has nothing to reproach for you, but strangely you kidnapped the access to photographs... You feel "guilty"???

By virtue of the "respect" for the royalties of these photographs, me put only links towards photographs accommodated on the net, and not photographs directly... I hope it respects the charter of the forum!:nolook:

* Before :

http://nsa02.casimages.com/img/2008/08/06/080806085616245585.jpg

* After modifications (Photoshop ?) :

http://nsa02.casimages.com/img/2008/08/06/08080608563983351.jpg

http://nsa02.casimages.com/img/2008/08/06/08080608563112335.jpg

http://nsa02.casimages.com/img/2008/08/06/080806085635253665.jpg

http://nsa02.casimages.com/img/2008/08/06/080806085746987968.jpg

... Nothing else to say :nolook:

I also wait for your explaination about the pictures and the "fake" :confused::confused::confused:

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth New Member

lol, that made me laugh (you are good on photoshop BTW!)

4. J House

J House Moderator Staff Member

Please refrain from using the forum for any personal attacks. It is not the proper place to act as judge and jury and I don't believe it goes with "the spirit" of what the forum as about.

5. Anti-Pjerrot

Anti-Pjerrot New Member

I have started this tread in order to resolve the issue that is being discussed in another tread, since that discussion are about to take over the original treads purpose.

I will not tolerate personal attacs, and will delete this tread if it comes to that. Keep a proper tone and try to explain you point of view without using examples.

6. redcaptrio

redcaptrio New Member

you've got to admit... the pictures do speak a thousand words though... tsk tsk tsk.

7. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer New Member

Thank you for this Kookaburra. Hopefully, the people that matter will see this thread and keep a more watchful eye in the future.

Dave.

8. GreenReef

GreenReef New Member

Dave, ...thanks for your optimistic attitude

…I think to next IAPLC2009 we works more with Photoshop and Aquascaping less :spy:

9. George Farmer

George Farmer Aspiring Aquascaper

It's a shame that some feel the need to over step the line with regards image manipulation.

It will be interesting to see if ADA publish some definitive guidelines as to what exactly constitutes 'cheating'. But even if they do, I wonder how easy it will be for them to see this 'cheating'.

My guess is it will be impossible, unless they resort to video footage entries. But even that can be cheated too with modern software now available. And the logistics of hosting a video only contest would be huge.

The case highlighted here serves as a reminder that some may not be so honest, but I think that this is a tiny minority. I certainly hope so, anyway...

10. Maciek

Maciek Aspiring Aquascaper

My opinion about the whole case is, that if Mr. Cheong really sent to Japan the picture with plants added, he should just leave the IAPLC for real aquascapers and find something else for himself.
    If not, then congrats for the very good aquascape and PS skills ;)

11. Anti-Pjerrot

Anti-Pjerrot New Member

Well, I know that ADA will contact him and ask him about the issue. Hopefully this will be resolved in a peacefull matter.

12. aaronnorth

aaronnorth New Member

what place did he come?

13. Kookaburra

Kookaburra New Member

Thanks ;)

I would like to repeat something: I have nothing personal against this person, I really fell incidentally on these photos... Grieved for him, but I could not stay saying no word, it is very dishonest towards other participants.

Do you know which photo he sent in competition exactly? With or without modification? (If its original message is believed, it sent the last photo, the one who seems manipulated)?

:-\

14. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

I'm ok with multiple entries but I do against photo modification.

15. Norbert Sabat

Norbert Sabat New Member

I'm not. IMO this is some kind of lie when you made all aquascapes and after that wrote that "this layout was made by my sister" (when your sister don't even touch water in that tank)....

What if you send 3layouts (one from you, one "from" sister and one "from" wife) and for example you take 500th place, sister 200th and your wife win - when you look in to Mr Amano eyes what will you say? "I'm liar"? :-p

16. blue33

blue33 New Member

I would have to agreed with Shadow said! If you have great tanks why not sending in, but adding things in photoshop is [-X[-X[-X except WB or so like George Farmer has said. If adding it to see the result is ok but submitting for contest i'm against it. ;) It becomes a photoshop contest. :yo:

17. Church

Church New Member

That's why I propose they change the rules to only accept Polaroid photos... you can't photoshop those!

lol, ok I'm joking

18. blue33

blue33 New Member

Of course it shouldnt mention using somebody name and actually is done himself. :33:

19. Anti-Pjerrot

Anti-Pjerrot New Member

I rely on ADA to judge the information we gave them. I think that we can have been to fast in judging, since we dont know witch photo was entered.
    But we do know that the photos discussed were manipulated.
    Since we cant dicide wheter cheating was involved in IAPLC we will wait to hear from ADA.
    We have informed our suspicion on the matter to them, and they will do what is needed to see that the person(s) involved are fairly treated.

20. aaronnorth

aaronnorth New Member

he must of spent quite a bit of tme doing those pics though, i doubt he would of done it for nothing!