1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

IAPLC 2011 Results are out

Discussion in 'News Around the World' started by Jurijs mit JS, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

Hard to say. For example, if you participate in AGA, you can choose for AGA to Automatically submit your picture to coming year IAPLC. In other word it is no longer unpublished works.

you can submit to many other competition, then submit to AGA and select automatic submit to IAPLC.... loop hole :)

Sponsored link:

2. StanChung

StanChung Aspiring Aquascaper

Right- be happy folks-:)

Hong Kong- 7 scapes in the top 27! Respect!

3. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

Not a surprise for Hong Kong, those 7 most if not all are well known scaper.

4. J House

J House Moderator Staff Member

I think Amano's influence turning this hobby into an Art form is more under-rated then many even think. Many here, probably UK as well have fish and planted tanks but they don't consider it art as opposed to Japan and other parts of Asia where more do. I think this is a direct Amano link. I don't think fish keeping (extract KOI) in general is any more popular in Japan than it is here.

5. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

I agree J House, its a different beast here in the states. Exposure is the biggest issue, but this is off topic so I will stop at that.

Beautiful tanks everyone! :=D> I hope to be reading detailed threads of how the layouts were achieved in the near future, so I can learn from all of you who have put together such impressive works of art. ;)

If I accuse any of wrong doings will I get invited to visit and to have a beer like someone else? If so, all of your tanks are rubbish and were drawn using paint!:))

6. Supercoley1

Supercoley1 Moderator Staff Member

I wasn't surprised at all. Doesn't fit within the 'rules'. We've been discussing this on UKaps recently and I was trying to suggest that to do well in the IAPLC competition can limit creativity as the ones that hit the top 27 are pretty much on a traditional NA theme albeit with some new concepts within.

I don't think the competition allows much room for 'thinking outside the box' or trying new things.

However many will disagree.

Personally George's minimalist has inspired some interest in the hobby again where the top27 from the last 3-4 years haven't.

Andy

7. ghostsword

ghostsword Aspiring Aquascaper Staff Member

Yes, there are some masterpieces here.

Can't wait to get the book and see the lot!

8. Aquadream

Aquadream Guest

Thank you for the advise Luis. I just have dificulties to comprehend the need to put down rules only to be trushed later by judges.
    And by the way I did contact IAPLC long before this tread, but no one cares.
    There are no achievemts here, only ADA business and that is a bit ugly.
    Sory if I have troubled anyone.

9. Andrea Perotti

Andrea Perotti New Member

10. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Aspiring Aquascaper

Cheers Andy, i do not see the same way.
    I am someone who respect Mr.Amano's work a lot, but the top 27 every year do more than we see generally from ADA. So i would not categorize them under NA and something as ADA style. Most of them are masterpieces really fine works with a mass ammount of creativity. I usually rarely see this effort outside of Asia what i see with the best tanks. I would not say they not inspire anyone. Or a simple iwagumi would inspire more guys. Usually the top scapes at IAPLC are just super difficult to anyone. Even if you have to replicate what you see there would be quite challenging for a good scaper too. That's the reason we we see less copies from these tanks and more from simpler aquascapes.

I do believe this is just not manageable well to judge 1600 or more tanks. But noone would do them better too as this is just too much to handle even with that much people in the contest judge panel.

I do not think IAPLC would limit the creativity anyway. I see the best tanks here from year to year for sure. There's still a lot to learn from the Asian fine works.

11. viktorlantos

Congratulate to everyone, very nice to see a lot of great scapes in this topic.

12. ghostsword

Thanks Viktor,

I agree with all you said. I see the IAPLC as a major drive in aquascaping inovation, from year to year there are new scapes changing the aquascaping world and to turn some of those from a bare tank to what they are involves more than copying.

For example, the one at number 22, I am not sure that I could turn that scape myself, I could try and copy it, but it would never come out like that. :D

13. Aquadream

Aquadream Guest

14. ghostsword

This has to be one of my favorites so far. How did you secured the rocks?

Post the spects of this aquascape, it is one to replicate.

15. viktorlantos

#737 Tibor Szecsei / Hungary

[​IMG]

16. hamza

hamza Aspiring Aquascaper

At #409
    I wonder why George didnt submit his iwagumi as minimalist it used to be(with just hairgrass)...Those plants later added to the background look really out of place and fishes seem quite large and odd too :(

Great scapes everyone, keep em coming...

17. J House

22 is very well executed. Does remind me a bit of the 2008 Grand Price Winner in terms of using tall vertical rocks.

18. J House

I never saw the other version just the minimalist one and assumed that was the one submitted.

19. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

someone willing to sum up and sort by rank all the pictures we have so far? :))

20. viktorlantos

22 is awesome. Pasquale is one of the talent and hope we have here in Europe ;)

But we need more guys to beat the Asian power ;)