1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

IAPLC 2011 Results are out

Discussion in 'News Around the World' started by Jurijs mit JS, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Marco Manganaro

Marco Manganaro New Member

#5 and #4 incredible non human.

Sponsored link:

2. MikolajW

MikolajW Aspiring Aquascaper

Nr 4 is amazing! Of course Cliff Chui :)

3. Aquadream

Aquadream Guest

#2, #3, #4, #5 are amazing. I am especially impressed by #2 where the natural impression is just real.
    I do not understand however if IAPLC is an aquatic plants layout contest or aquatic sculpture layout contest. #1 is really great and original design, but it is above all a sculpture, not a plant layout aquascape.

4. Kuni

Kuni New Member

Waayyyyyy too many replicates of abovewater landscapes. I'd like to see things that look like they're actually underwater. Or have fish...

5. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

I'm speechless.

6. StanChung

StanChung Aspiring Aquascaper

Wow- amazing! :%3

7. Pejc

Pejc New Member

Scape's been phenomenal, I especially like Arryl's scape, but I have to agree with J House that, unfortunately, not evaluating originality.

8. hamza

hamza Aspiring Aquascaper

Those are some crazy complex setups. I'll be eager to see some better resolution pictiures.

But from what I can see now, #2 and 4 are my favorites

9. Enrico Serena

Enrico Serena New Member

Guess how it's possible to have pictures published on a real magazine before the official booklet and Ada party... :-?

My favourite is Cliff Hui

10. Apache

Apache New Member

I had exactly the same questions! It's not me who scan it, I just isolate the pictures from the whole double page.
    It's sound that some rules are evolving ,like you can be in the top 27 with a tank that already win other contest, it's sound also that copy is not blamed anymore and it sound that many rules had been returned...For newbie liek me it's a good lesson!

Cliff HUi would be the best, but without this bridge where you can imagine some monkeys crossing it..<)

I am crying to see some amazing tanks like number 4 of previous year...Yutaka Kanno where are you?

11. Aquadream

Aquadream Guest

It seems to me that this years IAPLC contest has no rules what so ever. By last year IAPLC was good if following their own rules. Now it is all blah, blah.
    Next year I will submit my scapes everywhere before IAPLC and if the ADA guys kick me out so be it.
    If ADA wants to be the publisher of original works for the first time they will also have to provide reliable and stable rules that will let people know what are they up against in such contest.

I also support the idea that there should be more different categories, because in that way as someone else before me said; ones artistry will not be suffocated.

12. Enrico Serena

Enrico Serena New Member

But are theese pictures from a real printed and published magazine?
    IMHO is better to be careful publishing something you don't have the rights to do.

13. Arryl

Arryl New Member

2 Apache

Sorry i dont know your name.

I know may be my ask sound strange. Try to imagine that many people around the world is count last days to:
    1 - See the outstanding TOP IAPLC works via Internet reports from ceremony
    2 -See works in Japan on Ceremony, where many of them goes for the first time and may be last time...
    They waited for this moment is so much and...... Bah from somewhere its appeared...
    Its like Spoil Bomb.

I understand those people. They fills like broken dream. Cause now from this site but its spread very quickly and will be soon available on many resources.
    And what they shall to do - not looking into Internet at all till 17 Sept.

Its so little time till Sep 17 , only 18 days..

So may be its better to remove it. from there. You as post starter can do it.
    Of course may be its too late but its will be better than do nothing...

Sorry if i offend you in any matter.

All above talking about is IMHO

Regards
    Larry Makarikhin

14. Arryl

Arryl New Member

2 Apache

THANKS A LOT FOR UNDERSTANDING....

Regards
    Larry Makarikhin

15. yankadi

yankadi Aspiring Aquascaper

In my opinion its nothing wrong to show these works, becouse just a few of this hoby fans will be in Japan and just imagine how much of them is all around the world.. And afterall its just another ''law" of ADA to make it secret and ''product for customers".. Secret is the works, but not the time they came and how they came up to everyone. Thank you Apache ;)

16. Apache

Apache New Member

I don't want to make anything, any trouble..but somehow this make me laugh...this photographs are published in a french magazine....and yet on many tables...for one time french are first in aquascaping :))) ...

And to . those who had time to see it you will juste be able to think that something is going wrong behind all the speech we heared....like me..you saw it...
    So to respect to the mag and to the winners I correct my post and erase images from my account, even the scan had been done by someone else...

17. Arryl

Arryl New Member

Yes it will be not a lot of people who can go to Japan and for many of them and many others its a dream and when they realizing it and waiting for the moment to see it live - and this feelings is brakes by spoil - believe its bad fillings. Last year i was in Japan and i know what feeling you have when sitting in the hall, looking on the screen and waiting for winning works.

Yes its rule that made by ADA, to not show Winning works before ceremony. And scince 11 years never before ceremony top 5-10 works was available. And its was good, something like waiting for unknown one... even if you not going to Japan.
    And in any case - if it rule, lets try to stick with it. Lets try to respect it lets respect company and Mr.Amano who organized this contest.

ИМХО

18. Enrico Serena

Enrico Serena New Member

Thanks for information.
    Curious they failed to comply with the embargo on the images

19. yankadi

yankadi Aspiring Aquascaper

Hope to see those pictures here:
    [admin edit]ASW Team decided not to publish the winning works of IAPLC, before the official IAPLC-Party[admin]

20. Apache

Apache New Member

This mag is AQUAMAG, one of the desk redactor was member of the jury....so probably the reason why?