1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

I miss them...

Discussion in 'The Aqua Lounge' started by ShadowMac, Aug 7, 2013.

1. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

I took down my tanks last month for my move to a new home. Oh, how I miss them. My two tanks I use for aquascaping have been empty too long and it has resulted in collecteritis and over activity on the forums...

I now have space for some "support" tanks which are up and running, but don't fill the void of an aquascape. I have one quarantine tank, one shrimp tank, and a plant tank running in a back work room. My plant tank has become home to 20-30 different species of rare stems. I figured why the heck not, see which ones I like and maybe by the time I get around to planting I will have some cool rare stems to use. Or make a jumbled dutch in the plant only tank.

So if I am unable to source my manten stone within the next month my 90p will become my first attempt at a dutch scape or a nature scape with driftwood. I am awaiting tissue culture plants to become available from ADG again to plant my 30c. Hopefully by the end of the month that will be scaped and running.

I can't wait to be back at it I don't know how much longer I can go without.

2. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

NATURE SCAPE with DW Ooooo please ;):cool:

3. ShadowMac

I might be saving some money on my basement remodel, so if I really pull out of it with some money left over there will definitely be a nature scape with driftwood in a larger tank. Most likely a 120cm tank. Pictures of 180cm tanks have me thinking about it, but the expenses and logistics of that are not quite something I'm sure I want to take on.

4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

http://www.google.com/search?q=drif...WZkgWClYD4Ag&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=515

Shawn there are a few good ones here as well as a few shockers.

[​IMG]

Here is a good piece of true DW its on a beach on a small Island in the Torris Straits Aust.
    About half is under the sand making it at least 2mt across the root end.

Its free providing you can get permission to take it from the Islanders.

All you have to do is wait for the high king tides a very powerful boat a crane to lift it up to a big boat and off load it and get a big truck to take it home

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  5. greenfinger 2

Hi Shawn, Cannot wait :) New home New Scape Well What could be better :D

6. greenfinger 2

Hi Keith, Fantastic link (y) And the DW on the beach Oooo :rolleyes: You could have fun planting that up:D

7. ShadowMac

That piece of driftwood is epic.

8. greenfinger 2

Hi Shawn,Keith, Can you imagine How much it would cost to plant it up:eek: And the cost of the tank to put it in :eek::eek::D

9. ShadowMac

I have these two and a couple more on the way...
    gla-driftwood-1025-1__91567_1345574888_850_850.jpg
    gla-driftwood-1008-1__45277_1345574880_850_850.jpg

10. greenfinger 2

Hi Shawn,DW:love:(y)

11. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Shawn

I prefer the first piece it has more character, it would make a perfect center piece for an Island Aquascape.

The second piece it does nothing for me .

Keith:):)

12. ShadowMac

I agree, I do like the first one better. However, if it was to be used in a 120cm tank I would need another piece. The first will be the focal area and the second will play a supporting role. It is difficult to be too picky. I can get great pieces of Manzanita from our friend Tom Barr on The Barr Report, but if i'm grabbing other species they are hard to find and I cannot find anything locally. All softwoods or no trees in my area. Same thing with stones, they are non existent in this rich river basin I live in.

I get the urge to collect stones on my backpacking trips into the Rocky mountains, but that is quickly cured by the thought of lugging them on my back for who knows how many miles.

13. greenfinger 2

Hi Shawn, Well that is really bad you got rock to hand :eek: Alright you have to lug them all the way back :( But better than Anything you can buy :D Well someone had to lug them back for a price??? Why not you :D Good for you too