1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

How to Setup a Pressurized CO2 System

Discussion in 'AquaScaping World Magazine Discussions' started by John N., Sep 17, 2008.

1. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

Please discuss Hector Ortiz's article on Pressurized CO2 System Components.

[​IMG]

-John N.

2. SmartyJones

SmartyJones New Member

This seems to be a resourceful article.

(I'm new here and possibly looking to get into aquascaping)

So I have one question, the article says CO2 is the best method for plants but what about for fish? will CO2 be safe for fish ... or plants only?

3. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

You dose up to 30ppm and this wont harm your fish, with more co2, your plants will produce more o2 and your fish will be happy :) We all do this, so dont worry about this ;)
    Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

4. aquanic

aquanic New Member

I have a co2 system feeding two 55g tanks and would like to add four 20gs to the system. whats the best/easiest way to regulate flow? Will airvalves do the trick or should I invest in a multy bubble counter setup?

5. Orlando

Orlando Supporting Member

Your best bet would be a type of remote manifold system for each tank. This is something Im very familiar with. This is an example..

[​IMG]

This manifold is for 2 tanks that are located more than 10 feet from the regulator. The tubing is fully pressurized from the solenoid. The fitting that is used to connect the tubing to this manifold is used on both ends of this system to ensure a perfect seal. You will need an air tight seal when running fully pressurized co2 lines:)

6. aquanic

aquanic New Member

Thanks for getting back so soon; That looks like a Milwauki setup. Did you get it from mops or big als. I had good experience buying directly from Milwauki, even into Canada

7. Orlando

Orlando Supporting Member

No, I build these:) That picture is a custom made GreenLeafaquariums.com manifold.

Better than any co2 manifold you can find :)

Regards,
    Orlando

8. Memikey

Memikey New Member

co2 for my 30l tank

Hi, I've got a dennerle 30l aqua cube and its got a 11w lamp on it. I really want to get the foreground covered in Hemianthus callitrichoides 'cuba' but been finding that it just dies. What I need help on is, should I get the dennerle Crystal set C02 or Hydor CO2 Green NRG Exclusive System. I've never had a CO2 system before so I'm hoping it will make a big difference. The two I mentioned seem best for my price range and space but open to suggestions.

any help would be much appreciated

mike