1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

How to create floating rock scapes

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Iwannagofast, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Iwannagofast

Iwannagofast Aspiring Aquascaper

I've noticed a few of these scapes, the avatar ones with floating rocks and I can't for the life of me figure out how they're done.

I know the very first one had a piece of mesh suction cuped to the tank and he grew mosses and other plants on the mesh, but what about the ones where the rocks are just floating by themselves?

Something like this
    http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2012/show153.html

Does anyone have a thread or a link that shows a how to on something like this?

2. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I could care less for them but can't fault their ingenuity. The most common way is to suspend them on fishing wire from the lid of the aquarium. Another popular and more easy to deal with way is to attach the rock or ball of plants etc to an acrylic rod with a sucker on it which then attaches to the back wall of the tank and from most angles will give the appearance of floating.

3. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Aspiring Aquascaper

4. Iwannagofast

Iwannagofast Aspiring Aquascaper

I agree Garuf, I think they're quite garish and look very gimmicky but I just had to know how they do it since I'm very curious. Thanks for the insight!