1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

How Many Neons? - 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Fish' started by MarineRecon, Jul 24, 2012.

1. MarineRecon

MarineRecon New Member

Hello everyone!

I have a ten gallon tank with only 1 Flame tetra. Yes, the other 4 have died because while I was away a disaster struck. The one flame tetra is really happy with all the room. In fact, his colors are better then when he was with the other flame tetras! I figure that I do not want to add other flame tetras because I really like the one I have. I know it sounds weird but I feel like he is a survivor and I want him to stand out. I am thinking about neon tetras. I am just stuck at how many I can add maximum and how fast I should add them.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

2. CatfishSoupFTW

CatfishSoupFTW Aspiring Aquascaper

well.. techinically, to make it easy, general rule of thumb, a gallon per inch of fish. so theoretically, you could have ten :D just make sure you have good turnover then with the filtration, as poop my be all up in there. or just go for your one flame, and maybe 6 neons. however, dont go buying 8 or 9 and tossing them in at once, or it wont go well and you will see yourself in another disaster. Add 2-4 at once id say, wait a week and add another batch. that way your water doesnt spike and collapse.

3. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

keith an Aussie member posted an excellent link for working out stockings, will try and dig it out for you.