1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Hola a todos ;)

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by RaRdEvA, Jul 21, 2014.

1. RaRdEvA

RaRdEvA Aspiring Aquascaper

Hi

I am from Mexico, new to aquaescaping and my favorite fishes are aaaaall tetras. Pristella, X-Ray, Neon, Cardinal, Black, penguin, black, chinesse, congo, etc.

I have an uggly nano tank because i had never cared before about the looks, just about the fishes.

20140720_232243.jpg

I hope that changes and i come up someday with nice aquaescapes or even competition-grade aquaescapes :)

keithgh likes this.
  2. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi Ra, Nice little nano its not ugly :) The sword the big plant, Will out grow the size of your tank :(
    Your off to a good start though. Best thing is to start a journal:) That way others can help and you can look back and improve on things:D

keithgh likes this.
  3. Glomeridae

Glomeridae Active Aquascaper

Hello and welcome!

Can't wait to see the tank's evolution! =)

keithgh likes this.
  4. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to ASW. As Greenfinger pointed out that sword is much too big for your scape, it may look nice now...but if it starts to grow it will quickly outgrow its home. Try replacing it with a Cryptocoryne wendtii.

Your inert gravel substrate is not the best for planting rooting plants. Either replace the substrate or add some root tabs regularly (every 3 months) under the gravel where you planted. You could work with the inert gravel and use some more wood with anubias species tied to it instead of the sword or crypt in that location.

I suggest reading up on what plants need, look at some scapes you like and what types of equipment they use, and try to emulate those methods to improve your skills.

keithgh and greenfinger 2 like this.
  5. RaRdEvA

RaRdEvA Aspiring Aquascaper

Thank you very much guys. This helps me a lot.

That tank has a short history that I posted on general discussion. Will update with your suggestions ShadowMac.

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  6. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

RaRdEvA

A big welcome to ASW can you fill in your location and Country please.

I zthink if we all (including me) could show you our first efforts your tank would certainly not be the worst.

OK it requires work but that's the easy part, my suggestion is easy leave it alone and spend the next few weeks researching and planning your new tank and I can guarantee it will look fantastic.

Roy greenfinger will back me up at that one.

Keith:):)

greenfinger 2 likes this.