1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

hi from a real noob :P

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Discovery, Nov 29, 2015.

1. kylumi

kylumi Aspiring Aquascaper

Some of the best lessons are the hardest;)

Sponsored link:

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Discovery

A good Aquascaper works with what they have or can get, this is only learnt by experience.

Lets work backwards and I want you to study this pathway and your pathway
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its not your major rocks at all its a simple matter of not enough small rocks and the white path substrate.

With the substrate there are different size pebbles that are the same as pathway like a river bed.

Then there are different size rocks the same colour as the major rocks as if they have broken off and fallen into the river bed.

To top it off a little splash of colour to give the illusion of distance as the pathways disappears into the distance.

Finally a few small plants scattered along the way.

You have two choices leave alone and learn for next time or meet the challenge and create some thing you never thought you achieve.

I am a hard teacher as one ex student recently told the wife he knows what he wants and expects his students to do it.

Read my Signature.

Keith:cat::cat:

3. Discovery

Discovery New Member

well noted. i know the white sand going to give me trouble with its cleanness color..
    also not enough "looking natural" small stone. and top of that, the shape of the path is to straight, need more shape & more narrow in the end, maybe..

the thing is, usually i'm quite a perfectionist will almost all thing i've done. but looking at this new found hobbies, i thought.. i want it to be fun, to be enjoyable.. so maybe, just maybe..i'll leave this one as it is, for now. dont know next week, or next month though ;) one thing i know, i wont stop here. i want to improve, and create something better. thank you all of you guys to bring me to this point. really appreciate it. really..(y)

4. Discovery

Discovery New Member

and for your signature keith, u know, its always give me a little bit goosebump everytime i read it lol.. makes me never felt good enough.but that also gives me desire to makes things better. so very nice to have you here (y)

5. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Discovery
    Great that is why its there to make you want to do a lot better.

I am considered a perfectionist in many ways, the hardest person I criticize is myself.

Once you reach that stage you are always looking for how to learn and improve it never ends.

Keith :cat::cat:

derfliw likes this.