1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Andrews29, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Andrews29

Andrews29 New Member

over the past month my tank has been taken over by this algae. Tank set up is a 29 gallon with eco complete substrate. I was running led nat geo lights as well as a plant t5. I have cut the t5 bulb completely and the LED only runs 6 hours. Last week I took all plants rocks and decorations out washed them all leaf by leaf. Did a 60% water change and vacuumed all the algae I could see. All fertilizers have been stopped for 3 weeks. I have been treating with API algaefix for a month. I now have algae starting back up again today in small amounts. First photo is before I cleaned the tank 2nd is today IMG_7315.JPG IMG_7482.JPG IMG_7315.JPG IMG_7482.JPG

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Andrews

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/threads/what-kind-of-algae-and-what-to-do.10085/#post-110946

Is this the same tank you asked about Aug this year?

In all the years of my forum work I have never seen a blanket of Algae like that.

If its returning looks like you have a major problem.

The only way we can help you is give us every detail about your tank that includes a full water test done and how it was done, filtration type how it is maintained, water changes percentages and how often, the Co2 experts will want every detain about it how its set up and run, lighting not only your tank lighting is it in natural lighting as well, fertilisers what are you using and dosages, a full inhabitants list plus, any thing else you can think about

Keith:cat::cat: