1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

help ID this plant

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants' started by s.hop3r, Nov 9, 2017.

1. s.hop3r

s.hop3r New Member

This is one of the first plants I bought almost 11 months ago. it used to be very small and only till about 5 months ago did it go into a growth spurt. I have no idea what it is though can anyone help me ID it and help me make it look better? In the pictures, it's the one front and center with long, spear-like leaves.

5.5 gallon
    AquaClear 20
    3 X-ray Tetras
    1 tiny Yoyo Loach

20171109_132211.jpg 20171109_132132.jpg 20171109_132147.jpg

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

s.hop3r

I notice a little algae on a few leaves I would remove them as you have many new growths.

Are you feeding this plant to encourage its growth?

Keith:cat::cat:

3. s.hop3r

s.hop3r New Member

That was a thought too... Can I just cut the leaves with algae off? Yes, I dose with Seachem Flourish, Phosphate, and Potassium. I just bought Aquavitro Propel for Iron today too... I don't know if I have an iron deficiency or not but I was told that it couldn't hurt. I was also told that if I'm dosing too many phosphates that it also could contribute to algae growth so I'm going to cut that out for the next couple weeks and see what happens

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

s.hop3r

I am far from a plant expert but when using Folia feeding the leaves must be healthy and any algae does not help.

I used Seachem Folia Ferts for many years also Seachem fert tabs all as directed. Plants also require good clean water suitable for your plants, to get the ferts to the plants a good water movement is required.

Your other plants seem to be healthy meaning you must be doing every thing correctly.

How often do you do a water change and what percentage.

Keith:cat::cat: