1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Uslanja, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Uslanja

Uslanja New Member

Just registered and saying "Hello". After many years in salt water I have decided to try a freshwater biotope tank. Alot of similarities between the two disciplines but enough of the unknown to keep myself challanged. I enjoy the mechanical aspects of modifying, designing, and building my own components. Biological filtration along with water changes is the only way for me. I strive for "as natural as possible" in my approach. Looking forward to learning and making new friends along the way!

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Uslanja

Welcome to ASW. What size tank are you going to have?

Keith:cat::cat:

3. Uslanja

Uslanja New Member

Hi Keith! Sorry to be so slow in getting back to you........ I am gong with a 20 long. It is a bit larger than a nano should be but I have been taken by this tanks footprint, it fits perfect on my desk. I have not decided what type of biotope to represent yet. We are on limestone with a well and then with our filtration system (0 -micron sediment filters / water softener/ sterilization light / RO) I am still in the process of identifying flora and fauna that will enjoy the type of water that we produce. Ultimately I am hoping to identify a single species with low to medium light plants that have an eye appealing habitat. I am taken by the Celestial Pearl Danio (Celestichthys margaritatus) but I am not taken by the habitat. After viewing several underwater rice paddy, canal and sluice gate photos from Myanmar and taking into consideration the flooding and drying of the paddys for rice production and harvest........ I just do not find the habitat visually appealing. So the search continues. Being as it is only a 20 gallon long I would like to stay withing specie sizes that do no exceed 1 inch/ 2.5 cm. Thank you Keith for welcoming me and I am looking forward to being part of this forum.

4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Uslanja

Thank you for the lengthy reply keep us updated please.

Keith:cat::cat: