Hello You all ! here is my airless tank project

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by flyingwillie, Oct 18, 2011.

1. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

Hello you all !

Many thanks for your warm welcome. Thank you too Flo, I will not be shy as all I want is learning. I dont know much about anything but I'm willing (and sometimes able...:)

As first promised to Lafataa, here are the first shots I took from my airless tank.
    I apologize for the bad quality of images.
    I cut the glasses yesterday and got them siliconed today. Tomorrow I will have to clean all that and get it waterproof.

I have the project of making kind of a "zen valley" with a path on the 2/3 right side, a sharp hill on the right and a gentle one on the left side with a dried Bonsaï on wich I will grow mosses to make it look like a real tree. On the other side. To avoid having the right side too empty I had thoughed about putting like a stone or two. I would like to try to make all this look like you were in the country close to your "secret tree", a resting place just known by you alone.
    Once again sorry for my English ;-)

Any Idea would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to Nature landscapes photographs to get some more inspiration. I want something bare and simple.

Big Hug and take good care fellas

Listen, I'm dumb with pc's I dont know how to attach the pictures. It says "enter the Url for the image" but it's not on the net, it's just on my harddisk. Dont have any url or anything...
    How do I have to do this ?

THX :)
    Fred
  2. mr_ED

mr_ED Aspiring Aquascaper

i use photobucket for my tank photos it's easy and nice
    just click the IMG CODE and paste it.

:welcome:to ASW:Happy:
  3. Rodney

Rodney New Member

imageshack.us works as well.

Welcome!
  4. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

I like to use ASW's photo gallery option within your profile. I upload my pictures there and use the provided URL. :) I have an album that says "thread pics" for photos I want to post to threads.

but any photoserver would work, too.
  5. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

ok... many thanks for the info's. Getting down on it.
  6. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

7. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

this type of tank is very tough to plant and maintain, especially those left and right corner. Not sure about yours but the original fluval edge light is at the center. Thus you need to plan your scape accordingly.
  8. mr_ED

lots of option for your photos...so which one did you use.

airless tank? never seen one before...hope to see your tank with plants soon.
  9. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

@Robert :
    You are absolutely right. I really like the fluval which inspired me to this project. The fluval is a small 23L tank with a nice design but lots of owners complained about the poor lightning and the difficulty of access for planting, cleaning, etc...
    This one is a 90L (80x40x30) tank based on the same design with a much larger opening which allows for placing almost any kind of light even tubes. I hope everything turns out well.
    The tank is now about to be finished, I will post the last shots of it.
    Next step will be thinking about how to make the scape. I've got two ideas in mind and we can discuss it if you agree to give me a helping hand. I saw one tank by Pavel Bautin and one Amano which really turned me on.
    Thank you for your post and hope we get back in touch soon,
    fred
  10. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

@ Mr ed:

I logged to photobuckets, like you told me Ed.
    Thanks a lot once again. I will try to have bigger images next time because it is not very easy to see what it's all about on these ones.
    In fact, the water comes straight to the top of the tank. There is an opening in the center which allows air/water exchanges. Big enough to service the tank also (not like the fluval which is much smaller and not particularly "user-friendly" as reported by lots of owners. I have enough room here to put the lights, the filter and the Co2 reactor in the support (which is only visible on the drawing). It's mounted on hinges and can be fully opened. There is also a smaller section of it which can be opened as well for easier feeding of the fishes and the plants.
    I'm almost ready to fill it now (painting is not yet finished) and hope to be able to post some shots. I stay tuned, See you soon.
  11. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

Sure thing, we will help you, just post the question and pictures ;)
  12. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

Here's my newborn baby ;-)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a bit too dry for the moment, I know...,-) I'll post new wet ones soon !!! :))
  13. stevo

stevo Aspiring Aquascaper

Good job mate! :rock: If I right, your inspiration coming from Fluval Edge series?
    [​IMG]
    I'm wondering how will you handle the flow, the planting and of course the maintenance at the corners. :p
  14. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

@stevo :
    Thank you bro :)
    You're right. But this one is a 90L instead of 23L (Fluval). This makes room enough to include a good lightning, pump,... The opening is also big enough to reach the corners easily. Well, only time will tell of course.
    SYS
    fred
  15. mr_ED

hi willie by looking at the pictures posted by stevo i am excited to see it
    actually happen to your tank. good luck:proud:

by the way you can enlarge your images...just click
    upload.....then at the bottom you can read
    customize your upload options [these are the photo sizes]
    800 x 600 size the best size for me. up to your preference;)
  16. flyingwillie

flyingwillie New Member

Hello Ed :)
    Glad to hear from you ! I see that you are also well busy at "re-scaping" your tank.
    They all look beautiful as I told you on your thread. Go on with confidence... Too early for me to give any hints. Beauty has so many faces. We do this to get joy in our lives and after all, it looks to me that it is the journey and the path that are the most significant things. The final result is something too subjective to me to be put into words and rules or any cage of any kind... that's only my opinion.
    I tested my tank for water-tightness today, tell you what? It's ready to go !!!
    Next thing I have to do is finding a little money to go on and buy the lights and the soil.
    I'm really excited.
    See you soon and take good care of you!
    Fred
  17. mr_ED

hi fred....thanks to your time viewing my thread as well sharing your opinion re
    my tank scape anyway it is still developing.

like you i am also excited to see the out come of your airless tank.
    wish to see you start soon. good luck:Happy: