1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Hello from George...

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by George Farmer, Feb 26, 2008.

1. George Farmer

George Farmer Aspiring Aquascaper

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations to John for the great site!

It's something that's been on the cards for a while, I'm sure, and it is wonderful to see such a professional job being done to boost the hobby/art of aquascaping.

My name is George. I'm a very keen aquascaper and planted tank enthusiast who takes every opportunity possible to promote the hobby, especially in the UK, where it is enjoying a steady rise in popularity.

I helped to found the UK Aquatic Plant Society and I'm also a freelance aquatic writer who contributes regularly to Practical Fishkeeping magazine, the UK's bestselling aquarium mag. I also write blogs regularly for the PFK website.

As well as all the above I'm a moderator on four forums, but thankfully they require little 'attention', as planted folk are generally quite nice.

I'm very lucky to be able to work with Tropica, the world's largest producer of aquarium plants. I've been testing out some new species that is very exciting.

Hobby aside, I'm married with two girls and work full-time as a weapons engineer in the Royal Air Force. :plane:

Sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day...!

Anyway, I hope to be able have some spare time to be able contribute some positivity to the worthy cause here.

Cheers.

2. kakkoii

kakkoii New Member

Welcome to ASW!:welcome:

3. Roy Deki

Roy Deki New Member

Hi George,

Really happy to see you found John's site. This is right up your alley and I'm sure you will contribute greatly to this community.

4. kakkoii

kakkoii New Member

Hi George! can't wait to see how everything goes for you and everyone else on this website!

Once again, welcome!:welcome:

5. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

Hi George!

Now that's a whopping introduction! ^:)^

Not may folks get to say they worked with Tropica to bring out new species of aquatic plants to our hobby. I have to say you are extremely lucky, but I think we're more lucky to have you here at ASW. I've followed your scapes, and love reading your articles in Practical Fishkeeping. I've thoroughly enjoyed drooling over what you've accomplished in aquacaping, especially your little nano aquarium.

You obviously have a wealth of experience to share, and I just hope you have the time between moderating forums, writing blogs/articles, and family to do so with us here at AquaScaping World.

Thanks for the kind words about the site. We'll keep producing high quality planted tank articles, and add new features to continue the advancement of our hobby.
    Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

-John N.

6. trenac

trenac New Member

Hello George... Welcome aboard :plane: (Royal Airforce)

7. George Farmer

George Farmer Aspiring Aquascaper

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

See you around... :D

8. Rastaman

Rastaman New Member

Hi George, nice to see you on ASW!:welcome: