1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Hello all at ASW.

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Nathan_overall, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Nathan_overall

Nathan_overall New Member

Hi everyone at ASW I'd just like to introduce myself. I'm nathan 31 from Nottingham UK, I've been keeping fish for a few years now and totally hooked on the hobby although never tried the scaping side of things I've been reading the forums and basically researching for about a week now don't want to rush into it before I know the basics. I have a 4x2x2 american cichlid tank which has an array of different L-numbers in which are my pride and joy and a 24"x12"x 16" which I'm planning on turning into my aquascape tank I will be posting a journal once I start it but for the time being I'm just collecting all the basics and reading up on different opinions :) can't wait to get it all started. Cheers for reading and hope to get your tips soon

John N. likes this.
  2. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi Nathan_overall, Welcome to ASW:) Looking forward to your journal(y)

3. Nathan_overall

Thanks @greenfinger 2 i've already got everything planned out in my head i just need to put it into action ;) watching alot of oliver knott and takeshi amano and TGM videos on youtube has sent my mind into overdrive with creative ambition :D

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  4. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi Nathan, Mind blowing stuff indeed :D Have a look at James findley work at the Green machine too (y)

Nathan_overall likes this.
  5. Nathan_overall

Funny you should mention james findley i watched his making of altitude last night ;) very clever well thought out scape indeed, gave me a few hints on some hardscape i could use if i decide to move onto my bigger tank :D although i would say i think i got a better sence of scale before it fully grew out after the 9 months :/ the plants sort of outgrew the rockwork but thats just my own opinion on it and i could be completely off the mark with me just learning :D

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  6. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Nathan!

-John N.

7. Nathan_overall

Thanks @John N. Glad to be here :) Amazing forum keep up the cracking job.

8. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome Nathan to ASW.

Journals are always interesting especially for beginners to aquascaping it gives them a very guide on A How Too what can be done when all planned out.

Keith:):)

Nathan_overall likes this.