1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by kharmael, Dec 21, 2009.

1. kharmael

kharmael New Member

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while absorbing all the good information and feel like I should make a contribution! 8)

I've got a tank at the moment with some frankly amateurish attempts at planting. However I have recently obtained a 42" x 20" x 18" tank and I plan to keep some red bellied piranhas and to create something like this:

[​IMG]

I've been doing LOTS of research about red bellies and the amazon aquascape in general and will be keeping my eyes peeled on this forum to keep my inspiration levels high!

My plan is to get the flora sorted and stable for a few months before putting any fauna in. Any hints and tips will be well received and I will most likely be posting some stupid questions in various subforums in the future!

:proud:

2. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

Hi and :welcome:
    you´ll need strong filtration for your piranha, thats important. frequent water changes too, to prevent algae.

3. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

Hi Kharmeal and welcome to ASW!

I think one of the hardest parts of the above aquascape is arranging the hardscape. Although the driftwood and rocks look like they are randomly placed, I'm fairly sure there was a lot of thought involved to consider spacing, depth, and other visually stimulating elements. The variety of plants chosen above are easy to keep so keep that in mind. As you get going we'll be happy to offer our opinions on your layout. Good luck!

-John N.

4. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

welcome to ASW