1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Greetings from New Zealand!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Damo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Damo

Damo New Member

Hi everyone

Ill introduce myself as Damo, I grew up in South Africa and moved over to New Zealand 7 years ago. I have a passion for the outdoors and skateboarding. I'm currently completing a Masters degree in Science majoring in Horticulture. I study horticulture because I find combining food crops and technology particularly interesting and hope to make a considerable difference in the way we grow our food.

I've kept fish for about two years now. I really enjoy it but can never get plants to really take off, mainly because my fish don't share my views on not eating them. So recently I decided to set up a small 20l tank with plants and some native driftwood. I stuck the remains of the twisted vallis (I think thats what it's called) that was with the fish into this new tank. I didn't really know where to start so found my way onto this website which is proving a trove of imformation and more importantly experience.

I hope to meet other enthusiests from New Zealand to help one another with plant and other local sources of materials.

Enough of me, I hope to contribute as I come to grips with this fascinating hobby.

Thanks,
    Damo

2. gamma

gamma Guest

Hi Damo!

Welcome to ASW and enjoy!

Cheers
    Eva

3. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

:welcome: to ASW

4. -serok-

-serok- Aspiring Aquascaper

Hi there and welcome to ASW!

Yeah! Skateboarding! I like... it's my favourite sport too. I hope you enjoy time here and you'll find answers to your questions.

5. leeteekyung

leeteekyung New Member

hi, welcome, im also newbie, sorry i dont have a welcoming board like flo, but welcome anyway

6. gamma

gamma Guest

Hey!

This is quite funny!

Damo, you ask for "kiwis" and the first 3 answers where "krauts" from the very other side of the world! :-" :D

cheers
    Eva

7. lalmeida

lalmeida New Member

LOL!

:welcome: Damo

Cheers,

LMA

8. Haydo

Haydo New Member

Hey Damo, I'm new to Aquascaping and it's good to hear from another kiwi (i'm from Wellington) who has the same passion! Would be good to chat about our plans and bounce some ideas off one another