Great Tutorial Site

Discussion in 'Aquatic Photography' started by JDowns, Jul 23, 2008.

1. JDowns

JDowns New Member

Since I'm determined to learn this whole camera business and get better shots which has resulted in alot of searching...

I found this site to be very good as a beginner in photography to picking up the basics and beyond.

Ximina's Photography [Lessons - Index]
  2. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 New Member

Heheh..that's the one I have too. Great site!
  3. Anti-Pjerrot

Anti-Pjerrot New Member

Indeed a good site. The explanation is great and simple.
  4. ChiDONEt

ChiDONEt New Member

thank for share the link...
  5. fish dork

fish dork New Member

yes, tank you!
  6. XPLOSV

XPLOSV New Member

I don't mean to advertise or Hijack this thread. Admin delete this if it against the rule.
    link below have a lot of info on how to take aquarium photo.

I have spend way too much time learning from here, though I share to the unknown.

Aquatic Photography Forum
  7. AQUASAUR

AQUASAUR Aspiring Aquascaper

Yeah,[​IMG] I had learn all about Aquatic-Photography from that place(APF) too…[​IMG]
    If you got enough willing and passion about that Hobby…[​IMG] definitely, you may find there all what’s needed…[​IMG]
  8. XPLOSV

XPLOSV New Member

Aquasaur, mate I have seen your work, its fantastic.!
  9. paradise

paradise New Member

ha ha, Hristo is spectacular, and you should have seen his shots when he first showed up on APF. Hristo, you still have those Red Oscar shots? I think those were the first you showed. You are INFINITELY better now.

Ximinas is a nice resource, but it's more about shooting Corals under high lights. If you are serious about DSLR photography, APF is a unique resource online. Run by a team of professional published photographers, like Hristo, who is part of the MOD team now, it's a huge wealth of info on aquatic photography. It's one thing to shoot corals under 500watt Halides while they sit there still, it's another one to shoot tetras and cichlids that are in constant motion.
  10. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

thanks for sharing the links - im thinking about to buy a prof camera :)
  11. paradise

paradise New Member

Jur4ik, remember, for aquatic photography it's also the lens and the flash that are more important. Most DSLR bodies will do fine. Hristo is using 350D which is an entry level body, but he's got a good lens and 2 flashes, plus (i assume) a STE2 controller to trigger them. Sites like APF will help you make a better decision, dont just go out and buy the biggest camera you see.
  12. AQUASAUR

AQUASAUR Aspiring Aquascaper

Yes, Ed, you’re absolutely right!
    The Good DSLR Camera body is a necessary and minimum level entry…[​IMG]
    But not enough to taking really good Aquatic-Pictures, without the special lenses and external flashes!

BTW… Ed, Yeah, :Happy: my first Digital Camera 3 years ago…was those super technology miracle [​IMG]
    And some of my first “naturals” shots [​IMG] were of my Favorite American Cichlid – Red Oscars, Parrots, Synspilums, Discus fishes…

Attached Files: