I don't know if anyone has done this before. Chladophora has been bothering me for a long time, regularly manual removal did not solve the problem at all. Seven weeks ago after doing routine maintenance and removing most of the algae on the substrate, drift woods and plants, I decided to take a risk on cidex(2.4% glutaraldehyde). I dosed cidex at 25 ml in the 42 g tank. One Caridina denticulata and MANY Septaria porcellana were killed on the next day, but all fishes remained alive. This is my NPT infected with chladaphora. 90x45x45 cm with T5 39Wx2. One week later I found that that remaining chladophora shrinked and withered. I dumped another 25 ml of cidex into the tank, and another week later futher shrinkage of the algae were noted. Althogh chladophora was not eliminated, I was satisfied with the result and stopped dosing cidex. Unfortunately chladaphora regained its growth 2 weeks later. And last weekend I saw the familiar picutre, the annoying chladophora was back!X-( Hope my experiment would help others with chldaphora problem.