1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizers

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants' started by David B. Diehl, Apr 24, 2017.

1. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

David

This is the one I used for many years its perfectly safe. I used them every three months only problem not cheap, cheaper ones could cost you more not as good and replace them more often (Beware the old LFS "Its as good as")

http://www.seachem.com/flourish-tabs.php

Keith:cat::cat:

Sponsored link:

2. David B. Diehl

David B. Diehl Aspiring Aquascaper

Had a long chat with Scotts, they don't manufacture that product in the US and don't do E-Commerce. They did say that the stuff I have is the equivelant to that product. The tabs are just more tightly packed for 6 months use. This stuff I have will last for 4 months, have about a ten year supply. Am going to wait a couple of months to start and watch for changes in the tank. Will take pictures while using to post later on site. The 55 gal tank had some sprinkled at bottom before planting and seems ok so far, Valissineria asitica grew out, then melted back but each plant threw out a couple new shoots and still has small leaves.
    Tried the Flourish tabs, I think they dissolved to quick. I think that is what gave me the algae bloom the first time, along with the full light.

Thanks for all the help, will keep you informed on progress.

3. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

David

That sounds great talking to the manufacturer is always the best way to go.

Those pellets for the cold water plants is also not sold in every state in Australia either.

Glad I could I could help you.

Keith:cat::cat: