1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Dying Boraras urophthalmoides, Help!

Discussion in 'Fish' started by fishman9809, Sep 23, 2008.

1. fishman9809

fishman9809 New Member

[​IMG]

sure looks like TB, back is arching slightly, super skinny, and lesion, what do you guys think? [​IMG]:

2. aquaticmaniac

aquaticmaniac New Member

Hm, it does look like TB. Definitely quarantine, if you haven't.

This is a treatment I found some time ago. If you don't think it's too late, it might be worth trying.

“The most effective treatment known for this disease is to treat with Kanamycin and Vitamin B-6 for 30 days. Kanamycin can be purchased at your local fish store. Liquid baby vitamins work well as s Vitamin B-6 source. They are available at your local pharmacy. Add one drop per every 5 gallons of aquarium water during treatment.” (http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/information/Diseases)

3. fishman9809

fishman9809 New Member

i dont have those medicines :/

i did isolate, but it seems another has it. wat gets to me is

it does not eat, i gave up on feeding them and the rest, i just give food, and if they dont eat, they dont, cuz i put in, they dont even try it, ive tried like 5 foods.

no agressive fish, only boraras urophthalmoides, otos, and RCS. originally

i had 3 males and 4 females

now i have 3 males and 1 female. left over fish are all healthy and very vibrant. i am starting to get feeling that the fish that died were somehow killed by the dominant female.

also,

i only have antibiotics some fungus,

i have 1 more fish in tank that is kinda of iffy, but what is strange is the ones that are left are VERY bright colored and fat.

4. aquaticmaniac

aquaticmaniac New Member

Unfortunately, if it is indeed tuberculosis, it can be transmitted to you as well, although that doesn't happen very often. Just be extra cautious incase it is TB.

That's the best I can narrow it down to, the lack of colour, curving spine, lesions, etc. The only kind of antibiotic that might work, besides what I mentioned, is something meant to treat internal bacterial infections.

If you think bullying was going on, that might explain why some are showing symptoms and others not. TB preys on fish that are injured, stressed, or badly kept (not assuming you're the latter, I've seen your tanks :) ).

Are you saying all of your fish aren't eating?

I'd quarantine all of the fish that look ill.

5. fishman9809

fishman9809 New Member

yes, none eat, when i got them, they ate well, all of them, but now they dont at all.

i hope your right about the injured, i see another fish that is skinny, loss of color, and doesnt stay with group, i put it with the sick fish as pictured. i put in the fungal infection med, just to see if it does anything, no harm done trying.