1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Dwarf African Frogs Eating Fish?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by John N., Apr 11, 2014.

1. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

800px-Karlik-szponiasty02.jpg

Anyone else have an experience of this African Dwarf frogs eating fish like small guppies and tetras? Trying to explain some deaths in the "family".

Thanks,

John

2. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi John, Fab looking Frog;) Had a look on Wikipedia :D There bottom feeders and from what i read they eat anything "Alive or dead". It also said you can keep neon's or small fish with them?? Then on what they eat" it a long list "It says Guppy fry & small fish ?? I would not take the chance :unsure: If you have fish missing i would so the frog did it :(

3. Beagle

Beagle Aspiring Aquascaper

Hey John,

I had a close friend that tried keeping her African dwarf frog with some fancy guppies... with sad results. There were at least two mornings where she woke up to a VERY fat frog and a missing guppy. Pretty sure he thought they were a tasty snack, even though she kept the little frog really well fed. If I had to guess I would imagine that they're like Bettas and that their desire to eat/attack other fish just varies by each individual frog.

Hope that helps!

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  4. BrianS

BrianS New Member

I was in a pet store recently and was debating between a ropefish or a african dwarf frog. He told me they would eat what I had in my tank. I bought the rope fish. Reef Escape In Jonesboro, Arkansas