1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Double trouble

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by biobio, Feb 5, 2011.

1. biobio

biobio Aspiring Aquascaper

Two months ago I started new project at my office. Idea was to make a long underwater “wall” for relaxation and resting eyes from long term computer working. First I wanted one big tank but finally I decided to split it in to two “smaller” tanks. Two JUWEL RIO 240lit was the final choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right tank was first organized and started around a new year. This is fully domestic cold water biotope with domestic plants and fishes. This local biotope project I was running for more then a year in smaller tanks and finally it was moved to the bigger glass.

[​IMG]

A lot of interesting photos from this "local biotope" project can be seen at: http://www.mojbiljniakvarijum.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=4&thread_id=453

The tank was named Sava by the Sava River flowing nearby. All plants and fishes were sampled from local ponds, wetland and Drina River confluence into the Sava River. This is the Special Nature Reserve Zasavica location.

http://www.zasavica.org.rs/index.php?lg=en&str=polozaj.php

Only local plants from the red list (hottonia palustris) were obtained from aquatic cultivation and were not sampled in the nature.

The left one is named Tasa. This tank was initially planted few days ago. I spent a lot of time playing with a hardscape. The tank was named by the Tassos Island – Greece. The stones in the tank I brought in the trunk from our summer holiday more then a half year ago.

[​IMG]

My friends are persuading me to put third one in the row. It would be 370cm long. There is a space for third one but than there will be no space for our business partners to sit… :daydream: :-\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:yo:

ashby19, nick.scott and WetElbow like this.

Sponsored link:

2. Mojojojo

Mojojojo Aspiring Aquascaper

Now thats a good looking set of tanks. Great job. :113: x 2

3. lalmeida

lalmeida New Member

Hi biobio,

Great works! The stone and wood arrangement of left one is very very good.

Congratulations,

lalmeida

4. Rahul

Rahul Aspiring Aquascaper

Good job done with the wood and rocks.:proud:

5. justo-23

justo-23 New Member

Very cool idea to put two tanks side by side. IMHO, they would flow better had the substrate been identical in both tanks, but that is small beans to the awesomeness you have created just for at work :D

6. LivingWaters

LivingWaters New Member

Both tanks are fantastic and I love the way they complement each other. Beautiful work - I love that they are unique but still correspond with one another.
    Well done B-)

7. biobio

The left one Tasa is small Danio`s kingdom. Fishes inside are: Danio Choprai (Glowlight Danio), Danio Rerio (Zebra Danio), Brachydanio (semi albino var Frankei - gold Leopard Danio), Danio Tinwini, Danio Margaritatus (Galaxy Rasbora). All those small fishes are enjoying playing and swimming through all those passages caves holes that I left them in scape. I will try to make few photos but they are so small and extremely fast - never standing in one place. :plane::amillanbliss:

Meanwhile some more photos of scape. Different angles and details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asthaparhim and nick.scott like this.
  8. cinserrajr

cinserrajr New Member

Absolutely beautiful! Can you fill us in on where you sourced the wood from? :proud:

-Carl

9. fenix.hero

fenix.hero New Member

wow good idea
    i like that wood and stone

10. Robert Henry

Robert Henry New Member

They look great! Very impressive aquascaping...and you used one of my favorite fishes - glowlight danios!

11. ghostsword

ghostsword Aspiring Aquascaper Staff Member

That looks really nice, and it is a fantastic idea, use two tanks next to eachother and scape them similarly. It looks like a much bigger tank. :)

The stand is really nice, had you had it made to order or bought it somewhere?

The caves are very good for the fish, amazing how many people do not try the same. :) Most shoaling fish are closer to the shoreline of rivers, where there are always fallen trees and roots.

12. biobio

@Luis E. the stand was made by my friends. It was a gift. I drew sketch to fit old office furniture and CO2 equipment in it.

@Carl I bought those red moor wood in local aqua shop.

I am glad that all of you like this concept: few tanks in a row. I already tried it with 3 nano tanks lined(20lit+15lit+20lit) and liked it a lot. This is reason that I am thinking to put third one in a line with those two. :loco:
    3 looks much better then 2. :daydream:

Here are some photos of those 3 nano tanks in a row.

[​IMG]

And a little Photoshop playing: removing equipment and inside tank edges and making one big virtual scape... :-"

[​IMG]

:yo:

Culprit3 likes this.
  13. ghostsword

ghostsword Aspiring Aquascaper Staff Member

It is the last picture that makes this new technique so much more appealing. :)

Funny how all the scapes line up.

14. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Aspiring Aquascaper

Loving the nanos, next to each other they look great, congrats :)

15. biobio

A little update.
    Left one is in the jungle faze. I am still thinking how to plant front right corner.
    Juwel T5 nature light seems to be very good for red plants. As they are growing and became closer to light source they are more and more red. Even C. Demersum became red under this light.
    In the biotope i have serious problems with a balance of tank. Some introduced algae (from ponds) in combination with plant eating fishes are killing me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. dr.dzek

dr.dzek New Member

is that white wall behind the rear glass, or you have some background?

17. biobio

It is a wall but not pure white - some pale yellow-green colour. This time I did it without background and left 5-10cm gap between wall an tank. It is enough space for later games with back lights and semitransparent foil...

Something similar I already tried with 3 nanos and simple plastic bags of different colours.

18. arjundogra

arjundogra New Member

The hardscape looks fantastic.... truly a stunner..all the best
    Arjun

19. Chris

Chris New Member

I agree you did an excellent job setting these up, and they compliment each other very well!

20. biobio

Those guys are living in the biotope. A year ago I caught them in the local pond. Males are starting to attain wedding colors.

Rhodeus sericeus amarus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lepomis gibbosus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nick.scott likes this.