1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Do CRS interbreed with CBS (bee shrimp)?

Discussion in 'Shrimp and Invertz' started by BPASCreighton, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mr. luke

mr. luke New Member

The red gene is the recessive gene,
    I think it works that crsXcbs=cbs and regular brown coloured young with the offspring all carrying the recessive red gene and there young comingout a percentage of red due to there being 2 lots of the recessive gene being present :)
    Breederd cross cbs and crs (outbreeding) to improve the crs grading the re-inbreed the red colouration to fix it.

Not all sulawesi species are small,
    Harlaquin (caridina cf. spongicola) are 1cm or smaller but cardinal shrimp and goldflake shrimp are similar in size to adult female cherry shrimp with some reports of adult amano sized ones. THe latter 2 are the easier 2 species to keep with spongicola being near on impossible.
    As mentoined, they need soft water (3-8dgh) with a ph of 7.8-7.4 and a temperature of at least 28 is recomende for the sensative species and 26 for the less sensative ones.
    They crop up occasionally, spongicola - £3.50 i think they where but most would die VERY fast.
    cardinal and goldflake vary from £12-£22 in the uk.

Sponsored link:

2. PeterB01

PeterB01 New Member

Amazing to read, nobody do realize all these nice DR Red and Black do have the same parents namely. NeoCaridina Cantonensis bee shrimp. Because of mutations the Cristal Red and Cristal Black starts to exists. And yes, they also bread with eachoter. No problem with this. Because of seriouse very strong selections, and here the Japanese are very tough with, the nice colers from these days do exists. Why'll the neoCa. Cantonensis really is worth to have, it is difficult to find them. I try for a long time but without succes so far..

Peter

3. CHUNTC

CHUNTC New Member

Yes the shrimps are a real beauty^:)^

4. tenshu

tenshu New Member

Black is dominant.

See this article (yes it's french but the hybridation table is easy to read) : "Hybridation" Red et Black crystal

So mixing CBS & CRS in the same tank would end with 75% CBS newborn.

5. HiDef

HiDef New Member

6. triscene

triscene New Member

i was looking on the issue as i have CRS and CBS in one tank and 2 of my 4 shrimps are carrying eggs, not sure who is father :D

nice french article over there, hope it will work :)

7. Raven

Raven New Member

8. randy0319

randy0319 Aspiring Aquascaper

Great shrimp pics. My goal is to have a single different color shrimp colony for each of my tanks. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and 'Purple' but I guess Cardinal shrimp will be a good substitute. Then throw in some CRS to mix it up. Harliquin shrimp (middle pic) is stunning. Good luck with your shrimps and hope that you have many babies---R