1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

DIY ADA Style cabinet builds

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Section' started by ShadowMac, Aug 17, 2016.

1. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Shawn It would depend on the design of the cabinet. That method is meant to be used where the area is not seen behind doors or underneath.

If the timber is to be stained it would be difficult to hide any method used because of the size of the area required to be filled.

Inside cabinets its totally different its simply do the best you can or paint the inside with a good quality black oil based plaint.

There are several construction methods that can be used where there would be no visible signs of fixings on the outside. On the inside its totally different but they can be hidden.

The problem with that type of work requires skills beyond the average DIY and today sadly some of today's trades people have never been taught those old trade skills.

Here is a piece of furniture I made when I was a 17yld apprentice. Its a very old photo taken 1956 yes its me in my work apron as cabinet makers wore in those days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its showing its age now as I am 80 years young this year, now that makes it an Antique as its over 50yld
    Keith:cat::cat:

Sponsored link: