Hi! I have a new tank which is 18 days old setup. Tank size is 30x18(h)x24 inches - 50.8 USG. T5HO - 24wattx8. DIY Substrate of cured fine sand, Laterite, leaf litter etc. Tank foot print is 95% covered by plants. All plants are happy healthy and stems at the back ground turning redish with lush growth. So normal scenario. Now, I have a large area covered by Riccia and the Riccia came with hair algae. Now I see that it is increasing. I dose, dry KNO3, K2SO4, KH2PO4 per day and Seachem flourish 5 ml per week. I change 60% water every week and due to evaporation, I top up another 20 ltrs every week. Previously I was using Tap water but at present, to understand what all is going inside my tank I have started using RO water. Further, I have just started dosing excel from yesterday to kill it. As per the recommended dosage, I had put 25 ml of excel in the tank and after some time I observed 1 small clump that is majorly visible had turned whitish, but Today, I see it once again back to its greenish color. Today I dosed 5 ml as per recommended dose. It's a PITA and I want it gone from my tank ASAP. What is going wrong and what is recommended course of action. I am not very keen on doing a 3-4 day black out. There is no other algae what so ever in the tank presently.