1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Definite Aquascape TV - new internet aquarium tv

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Piotr K., Oct 17, 2011.

1. Piotr K.

Piotr K. New Member

Hi, sorry for such a late answer, have been very busy lately... Those videos are recorded with Canon Powershot G7. With Canon-made underwater housing it's probably the cheapest solution, with versatility as close as possible to a "grown up" SLR camera. Two drawbacks: relatively narrow view angle underwater, and a loooong shutter delay (if one wants to make pictures underwater).

Cheers,

Sponsored link:

2. Andrea Perotti

Andrea Perotti New Member

Ok, thanks.

I'm buying a Kodak Playsport Aqua Z x 5.

Best Regards.

3. Piotr K.

Piotr K. New Member

Don't know this one... But say, did you ever considered GoPro HERO HD camera? It's really powerful, I saw a lot of underwater videos made by this small cam, and I was really amazed by the quality (also by the quality of compression). The newest model, HD2, has many improvements, and it costs about 300 bucks (let's say 400$ with all necessary equipment - flat port - and shipment). Last weekend I saw some videos recorded underwater in Lake Tanganyika, at full 1080p 30fps. I thought those were made with some super-duper pro equipment, costing as much as half of the whole Republic of Congo, but after asking the author for some details about his equipment - I have found my jaw on the floor :) Those small GoPro babies are really amazing!

And I'm not being paid by this company to say so.

Yet.

:D