1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Culprit's 20 Long Scape

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Culprit3, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Zeus

Zeus Active Aquascaper

Don't need to solder. Just pick up a cable with same fitting and cut it, then wire it in, multimeter would help OFC.

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

Sponsored link:

2. Culprit3

Culprit3 Aspiring Aquascaper

Ohhhhh. I see what you mean. And then you would use those little cone shaped plastic thing that you twist on to connect the wires. Yeah I'll definitely look into that.

I'm going to go over and see where she wants the stand and get some measurements for the stand. I'm going to have a friend I know build it. Its going to have a solid granite top and painted sides. I think I'm going to have the top the exact same size as the tank but with and extra 1/4 inch on each side for safety. I think it will look sleeker then mine which I had an extra 4 inches added to the front of the tank. Its really useful for me, I can put tools and ferts and rags and stuff on it when I'm working on the tank but I think it would look better without it, and it won't be that much of an added hassle to just keep the stuff on the ground.

3. Zeus

Zeus Active Aquascaper

Plus you will a timer anyway, the TC420 does away with the need for a timer, I have pmed another scaper who has fitted a TC420 he might know the size, but need to find out myself anyway, so will inform you m8 as soon as a know ;) might just need a trip the local Maplin to find out by trial and error.

4. Culprit3

I will definitely ask her because it will still be less expensive. More info on how to do it and what we need will definitely be appreciated! Whats the Maplin? Is it a store?

So, here's a better version. I'm somewhat happy with this one. I know it still needs a lot of work but I think it has some promise. Sorry for the bad photo quality, I took them from my phone. I was supposed to be doing something else but I went up to check on my curing live rock parameters (reef tank stuff) and started messing with this and next thing I knew it had been an hour and a half haha.
    IMG_20171109_130925.jpg IMG_20171109_131310.jpg

I'll take better pictures in a few days when I get back

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. Culprit3

I'm going to call my neighbor and go over, get stand dimensions, preferences, ect. I'm also going to take some pictures of the different carpet types, e.g. Dwrf baby tears and dwarf hairgrass, and some pictures of the hardscape to see if she likes how its turning out. Or do you guys think I should finalize the hardscape and then ask if she likes it?

Here it is so far
    P1050431.JPG

P1050429.JPG
    P1050432.JPG

Just realized looking at these pictures. Caught something I didn't while scaping. Those two rocks in the middle, right below the big rock in the left corner, are almost the same size. I think that needs to be changed. Mabye replacing the one in the back with a taller rock that still points to the left. It might look better pointing to the right though. Or I could replace the rock in front with a smaller rock to balance it. I'll experiment a bit, and see your guys suggestions, then come back.

6. Culprit3

7. Culprit3

When I get a chance, mabye this afternoon, I will change up those two rocks. I think a cave would look good and really hold the attention. It will be between the front two rocks. I'll definitely be experimenting a little.

Zeus likes this.
  8. Ed Villagracia

Ed Villagracia Active Aquascaper

some boulder rocks [blue green] may even look and shape better. it also cost less, i guess.

9. Culprit3

Boulder rocks? What do you mean? These are rocks I gather from my local stream.