1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Could anyone please help with this? Paludarium build

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by atticus22, Feb 14, 2010.

1. atticus22

atticus22 New Member

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would love to construct something like this but have a couple of questions surrounding how to go about it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The main area I am not sure about is how to go about building the 'Island area', what would you recommend to use as an initial base? It obviously has to be waterproof, and sturdy enough to hold whatever bits of wood/plants etc I put on top of it, but also be made to look natural (obviously I can place rocks and plants etc in front of most of it).

Also I am unsure as to how to attach the various bits of driftwood to the island so that they are sturdy enough for anything climbing on them (I am thinking about including a chameleon, as seen in the pictures), as well as how to attach the plants. I intend to use mostly artificial plants so the 'planting' aspects of this such as soil etc I am not too worried about.

Any suggestions of what materials/techniques you would use for any part of this, and where to get them, would be very much appreciated

Thanks very much

Chris

2. J@viBetta

J@viBetta New Member

Maybe you can use a "glass terrace" like inicial base, then start covering the glass with wood, plants and rocks. Also, you can use only rocks and wood and use them as the base of the paludarium, when the rock and wood base reach the water surface, put the plants in plantpots, and hide these with the same rocks and wood used in the base.
    PD: Remember to use waterfalls or mist makers to keep the paludarium humid.

3. seniordavid

seniordavid New Member

hello
    you can take a look at the book "aquariums bonsai" by mitusuru hirose .
    it show you all the technics for this kind of tank.

david

4. CHUNTC

CHUNTC New Member

Are those discuss you have in there. They have very strong beautiful colours. Unlike the ones we have here, you can;t even give a colour name. The scape looks nice^:)^

5. atticus22

atticus22 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, any ideas as to how id securely fit all the bits of wood to the land area? Would hate for one to fall in the water while the chameleons on it!

6. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

I would build the whole base with rocks, as in the pictures above.
    You can stick them together with silicone