1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Converting a NANO 24 DX ~Help~

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by chicago_animal, Oct 27, 2008.

1. chicago_animal

chicago_animal New Member

WHats going on everyone? I saw a picture the other day of a beautifull tank that had "grass" on the bottom of the tank and I thought how beautifull it looked and would love to do something similiar. I looked up some info and ordered a book on aquarium plants, as I never had live plants before, and want to get this project going this weekend.

I can read book after book but what have you learned that you would tell me? THings NOT to use or do and things TO do?

THanks and I hope to be a regular poster here.

Best Regards,
    Brian

2. Al G. Begone

Al G. Begone New Member

Well, you seem eager and excited, like you should be.
    If you are just recently introduced to this and want to start right away, good luck and stay encouraged.
    You might be on your may to a long road of trial and error at the start however.
    Keep reading as much as you can, and be very informed and careful about your investment. You may or may not be aware of how much you are about to spend if you are just getting into it, but try to make sure you only buy what you really need for the long haul. Good luck! Post your plan regarding what all you are going to get and how you plan to approach your first project, and get some feedback here before you buy anything.:money:

3. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

before buying something - discuss it with us and you will save a lot of money, believe me ;)

it is too much to tell you all aspects - look for ditailed pojects where you can read out all the information you need - here at asw are more then enough of them.
    good luck

4. chicago_animal

chicago_animal New Member

Well thank you both for making me want to ask for info instead of just going out and buying something I wont use or wont work.

I just got a book on Planted Aquairums today and it cover substrate and C02 and all that good stuff I need to know. So I am going to go off and read it now and hopefully I will be back soon asking some questions.

Take Care,
    Brian