1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Convert my tiny pond to a pondless waterfall

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by jlhwebgal, Sep 18, 2017.

1. jlhwebgal

jlhwebgal New Member

I have this pond that has a very specific footprint and it was all done with an aquascape kit. I want to convert it to a pondless waterfall but have not found anything on the web on how to do this. The wall(s) you see in the photos are the walls of my house IMG_1375.JPG IMG_3924.JPG

Can someone here help me get my sanity back when I look into my yard?

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

jlhwebgal

At the moment is the water fall working if so I assume it goes into the pond/tank below if that is the case how does the water get back up to the water fall?

I do have a very simple answer if its a under water pump.

Keith:cat::cat:

3. jlhwebgal

jlhwebgal New Member

Hi Keith,

Yes the pond is functional and the aquascape falls are working. We have the aquascape pond kit but no longer want the maintenance of the body of water. Where you see the white grate in the first photo (top left) is the pump container. Looking forward to your help

4. Culprit3

Culprit3 Aspiring Aquascaper

I would position the output of the water fall higher and on one side of the long end. Then I would just run the water down a series of rocks and mini water falls into a tiny pond (1 foot by 1 foot) where the pump receives the water and sends it back up

5. jlhwebgal

jlhwebgal New Member

Is there any way to not have a pond at all? I know you are saying 12x12 but even that will get mossy and gross. I would really love to have it go into the block things and then recycle that way?

I appreciate your response and it is likely we will go with the 12x12 anyway but should we backfill with dirt under the pond liner to make the pond smaller and less deep?

I just really don't want any more of this mess.

6. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

jlhwebgal

OK
    See if I am correct you still want the water fall but not the pond? The problem is the water fall has to go some where, then be collected and returned to the top of the water fall.

At the moment where is the return pump?

This is a quick method that should work providing the return pump is at the bottom of the pond.

Cover all hoses and the pump with something solid a plastic box as an example.

[​IMG]

In the top centre there is another flat rock what is that for. Is it the return pump and the LH is a light?

If this is your set up water fall RH side and inlet LH side.
    You have two options replace the inlet with an under water pump.
    OR
    Fill the pond in with rocks including over the pump to hide it.
    By doing that all you will see is the tops of the rocks where you can place a few potted plants.

Both methods will work how you finish the top will be up to you.

Keith:cat::cat: