1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Combination shrimp - fish

Discussion in 'Shrimp and Invertz' started by superdisc, Oct 20, 2011.

1. superdisc

superdisc New Member

Hey!

I was wondering ... has anyone some experience with the combo of betta splendens - shrimps ?? I already have a betta, but I really like those shrimp... is it possible to have them in the same tank (40cm * 35cm* 20cm)... ?

ciao

2. tardis

tardis New Member

your betta wil destroy any kind of shrimp except possibly vampire or bamboo shrimp, i heard people say it was imposible so i created a miniature 8in x 8in biotope to test it and see if it was possible and within 2 days 6 neos were ripped apart. i know your aquarium is bigger than mine was for this but the betta also would dig out the shrimp from Ricca. so in short i think its not a good idea especially if your not breeding shrimp because they will cost you money. i had a ton of cull that i sold and used some of them in this experiment . but i wish you good luck if you decide to attempt it, also if you do let us know how it goes, every now and then there is a fluke and it will actually work for you!!!! ive had that happen with many predatory species in the past that shouldnt have been kept together but lived harmoniously in my system! so if its not going to cost you anything i say give it a go! but be aware that most likely they will become pretty snacks.