CO2 regulator type

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by justo-23, Jan 8, 2012.

?

What type of regulator do you use?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2012.
  1. Single Stage Regulator

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Two Stage Regulator

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Stainless steel diaphram

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Neoprene diaphram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. What ever was the cheapest

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. justo-23

justo-23 New Member

I'm just curious what everyone is using out there, as i am finally getting serious about buying my first pressurized setup.
  2. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

I got mine from local fish shop, so it should be single stage.
  3. Left C

Left C New Member

I'm using a two stage Victor SGT500 with stainless steel diaphragms and a 0 to 60 psi low pressure gauge.
  4. Original

Original Aspiring Aquascaper

I'm running a BOC 8500 series multi-stage regulator with 0-60 PSI low pressure gauge that I got second hand cheap off of a processing lab, its a brass diaphragm with half chromed. Along with a Burkert 6011 solenoid and Swagelok low-flow needle valve.

I was going to buy one pre-made but after advise from forum members and then learning about the components I soon realized the quality is rubbish on 90% of pre-made regs, when you find the exact same parts for such low cost individually and being sold pre-made for such a high price. I decided to build my own and glad I followed that route.
  5. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

I currently am using a couple single stage regs from GLA. If I were to ever get another regulator, I would take the route Original did and make a custom build with a 2 stage reg.