1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Cherry Shrimp keep dying

Discussion in 'Shrimp and Invertz' started by wmsvn, Feb 23, 2010.

1. wmsvn

wmsvn New Member

Last year I decided to introduce cherry shrimp into my plant tanks (light plants with lots of java moss 20G). It was flourishing in a couple of months then all of the sudden they started to go belly up about 10 / day. In a couple weeks all 200+ of them were gone. During that period I tested the water and all seems to be normal. I even tried to change 1/2 of the water with RO water but didn't seem to slowdown the massacre.

I couldn't keep my hand away from shrimps so I started another 10G plant tank about 3 months ago to house the shrimp. 2 weeks ago I re-scape the tank and added in some neon + otto. They seems to be happy in that tank so I removed all of the neon last weekend and add about 30 cherry. In the last few days 1/2 of them went belly up again. Any advice?

Tanks are dosed with dry fertilizers twice /week as recommended by Tom Barr. I also added the excel twice / week. Also have the pressurized co2 system. Light are about 8 hrs/day.

Also, any one in sacramento that has extra female cherry for sale so I can add into the tank once it is stable?

thanks

2. Cedar&Canvas

Cedar&Canvas New Member

This may be the overly obvious or naive question, but have you added any of the micro or trace nutrient complexes that may have contained copper?