1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Cannister Filter for an 30 ltr tank

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by dmallia, Nov 22, 2016.

1. dmallia

dmallia New Member

I have an Aquatlantis Nano Cube 30ltr aquarium which is currently running with its own internal filter with some guppies and amano shrimps. I am planning to reconstruct this aquarium to a full aquascape and to increase some space I am going to remove the internal filter. Since I am going for pressurized co2(still dont know if i go with an inline co2 diffuser or normal glass one) I am only considering a canister filter. I am also thinking of doing an inline heater to remove the heater from the tank. From a small research, I read a lot of positive reviews on eheim, mainly for reliabilty and silence when in operation and since this aquarium is in my bedroom a silent filter is a must. I am considering a classic 2211 or 2213. For plants I am thinking to go simple with a carpet of Eleocharis parvula and with moss on rocks and woods.

The eheim 2211 has a max flow rate of 300lph and if I have 25litres of water the filter will circulate the water 12 times. The eheim 2213 has a flow rate of 440lph which circulates the water for >17 times.

Do you think the I must go for the 2213 since I am adding an inline heater and it will decerease some flow, or it is still to much and better to go for the 2211? As regards to bioload I will have a trio pair of guppies with some cherry or amano shrimps and nerite snail.

20161106_164453.jpg

2. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

the 2211 should do the job. A hydor inline heater will not fit in the outlet side of the filter, so running it on the inlet side does not effect the performance of the filter. If you use a jet style outlet you would be good to go, particularly with your open plan. I run a 2211 on a 30 cm cube at 7.5 gallons.

dmallia likes this.
  3. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

dmallia

Eheim is an excellent filter going by what members and my personal usage over many years.

The Eheim 2211 looks like it will suit your tank perfectly where as the 2213 is more suitable for a larger tank of about. 80.00 lt

Keith:cat::cat:

dmallia and ShadowMac like this.
  4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

dmallia

What was you final decision on which Eheim you purchased plus how is the new filter going.

Any updated photos of your tank please.

Keith:cat::cat: