1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Brackish Set Up - Please Advise

Discussion in 'Critique My Aquascape' started by UncleOwenRIP, Jun 19, 2010.

1. UncleOwenRIP

UncleOwenRIP New Member

Hi, I'm in the middle of aquascaping my Brackish tank and would love some advice on what I have so far. I'm very new to this.

Would appreciate any insights on what you specifically like and what you specifically don't like. Also, what would you do with an empty tank and the same items I've got?
    ty
    My tank is 50 gallons with stock lighting and play sand substrate + some scattered pea gravel and polished rocks. No live plants.
    My current inhabitants are: 1 Red Scat, 1 Mono Argentus, 4 Orange Chromides, 5 Nerite Snails, 1 Gymnothorax Tile Moray Eel

Looking for aesthetic advice only. I won't respond to anything telling me that my eel is best served in a species-only tank and will eat my Chromides.

I'm going for a Mangrove/Dump kind of look. This is what I have so far.

Excuse the picture quality. Best camera I've got is on my phone...(looks best if you step a few feet back, haha) :bling:

Attached Files:

2. RoboRam

RoboRam New Member

Hey UncleOwenRIP, welcome to the forum! I'm a newbie too, <):)

I think this is a really super start!:%3 A few suggestions though: I think adding one more twisty vine that will replicate and enhance the beauty of the curves of the first twisty vine would be a great move - I'd put it on the leftish side to bring the two ends together more and create more balance. I really like how your vines are placed at angles going from front to back and such - it enhances the feeling of depth in your tank.. I know 50g's (and 55g's) can be narrow, LOL!!:plane: Maybe if you moved your tall plant on the left a little further left, it would draw more attention to that great rainbow rock!

Just my two cents... CUTE CHROMIDES!!!!!!:-"