1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Biotope or not?

Discussion in 'Biotope Layouts' started by Ian, Jan 28, 2014.

1. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Ian

Looking a lot better that big dip looks like a valley leading up to those rocks.

The rocks in the front are there three there as originally it looked like one big flat rock.

What helps is the backing it looks so natural.

For something totally different see how sunset coloured lighting would work but from the front.

Keith:):)

Ian and greenfinger 2 like this.

Sponsored link:

2. ptiJo

ptiJo Active Aquascaper

Really nice !

Ian likes this.
  3. aliclarke86

aliclarke86 Aspiring Aquascaper

Wow this looks great and soo much bigger than it is!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Ian likes this.
  4. janey

janey Aspiring Aquascaper

Very impressive & in a nano too! Love the sunset effect!(y)(y):)

Ian likes this.
  5. Ian

Ian Aspiring Aquascaper

Thanks for the comments

Well it has been a while I have been following the topics on here however, I made a BIG mistake with little tank!

Having seen the way some people place their Nano’s inside their existing aquariums I followed and did the same Error! The substrate acted like a magnet to the snails and they were everywhere. It was only in for one night, back in March and I’m still finding them in there now… Add to that a massive algal bloom the whole thing is going in the bin!

Thats the bad news, of course it has to be followed up with some good news, and that is I have permission to go out and buy a new aquarium… we have had a browse and I think I know what I get 51 ltr Nano, so much bigger than this one. I’m not sure if you recall I was initially upgrading my existing aquarium in line with some home renovations. Well they have been delayed (again) as these things tend to do, so this is an additional setup which will also enable me to trial for real Co2 systems. It will all start in a few weeks time and I’ll keep a photographic record as I progress (on here of course!)

Meantime its still planning reading…..I hate waiting ….

I follow Oliver every day he shows me something to be jelous of https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oliver-Knott/252300784815192

Glomeridae and greenfinger 2 like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Aspiring Aquascaper

Now there are so many Nano's out there, I want the Fluval Edge 46L but have looked at several different brands in the same size, Dannerle, TMC, Love fish and others…

Which one should I have gone for and why?