1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Bike Team Assemble!

Discussion in 'The Aqua Lounge' started by Garuf, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I used to have a picture of this bike I found in a magazine in the dentists god knows how old I must have been to it left its mark.
    Suitably bling for you, Andy?
    [​IMG]

Cinelli Golden Black

Sponsored link:

2. Supercoley1

Supercoley1 Moderator Staff Member

Garuf, I've just had my breakfast. What you trying to do to me. Got to go to the ...........Blurrrgh. lol

I'm into clean and simple colour schemes with big big very noticable logos everywhere. Not like stickers all over but in the main positions and big and not discreet :)

Fastest I ever did was 48mph down a half mile hill section. That was on a mountain bike when I was swayed for a few years and banging over pot holes scared the life out of me. It was like in F1 where they are constantly having to correct the steering.

Fastest on the road bike in in the low forties on a downhill section of smooth cycle track. Not many places I dare let go of the brakes in Modern England.

Furthest I've been is in the 40 there and 40 mile back. Didn't have a computer back then so was estimated.

I'll return the favour in the summer and you can decorate the pan after seeing my new 'bling'. lol

3. Garuf

Really?! 22k gold on that mate! ;)
    I dunno, I actually find going of curbs scarier than going fast, I've never really got the hang of pulling the front up quickly... But then I ride round Leeds as fast as I can at all hours, you get used to idiot drivers quickly and learn the roads, spot junctions that are going to get you killed and so on.

I'm half way through a rather messy insurance claim at the minute, no one is prepared to give me an evaluation on how much my old 753 hand me down was worth and it's driving me mad, I just keep going round in circles with people, the joys of custom bikes, if it was a Caad10 or such I'd be able to say straight away.

4. plantbrain

plantbrain Aspiring Aquascaper

Camel Back unless it's a race, then 2 bottle cages, maybe a seat post bottle cage if there are no resupply stops/hand offs. Get decent stuff if you can, makes a world of difference on longer rides, also, hydrate with salts, amnios and sugars/carbs. Otherwise you bonk. You do not want to bonk.

5. plantbrain

plantbrain Aspiring Aquascaper

Life begins at 40 mph, you have a singular focus and are more alive at those times than any other cycling. But there is a fine line between fun and stupidity. I have not found it yet.

If you either come to the USA, I'll take you to a 6000ft downhill here in CA, over 20 miles long, all single track, road rides? As many as you can stand and plenty of places to do 40mph or more. Ski lift places in Lake Tahoe are downhiller heaven. Lonely mountain roads, then suddenly a bunch of driftwood whizzes by.............you make a mental note, and then come back with the truck:)

6. Garuf