"Banks of Amazon". Updated Sep 20. This is my redo of my 90p. The inspiration was multiple scenes of the Amazon basin. The key thing I liked in them was the abundance of dead but upright trees that was stewn across the scene with patches of open area and areas of dense brush. This is my effort to recreate a scene like that. I do not have much plants for this one though so I ordered (and am waiting) for most of it. Tank: ADA 90p Filtration: Eheim Pro III Lighting: ADA Solar II 8hr/day CO2: Pressurized 30ppm during photo period (will be) Flora: - Myriophyllum mattogrossense - HM (yet to come) - M. umbroseum (yet to come) - Ludwigia inclinata green (yet to come) - Anubias nana petite - Mini taiwan moss - Fissidens fontanus (yet to come) Subtrate: ADA AS II Hardscape: River rocks, pebbles and cobbles, cosmetic sand Rundown of the setup process. There were many temp stages so this was a multi day project. 1. First a basic layout of the 2 banks I want to create. These are river rocks. I got multiple sizes to get a good mix of size and texture. This is temp just to access if the space left is sufficient to accomodate all the other hardscape that will need to fit in there. 2. No pictures for this step (multiple steps actually). All my driftwood will be placed vertically. So first I sawed the base of the bigger unstable pieces. I have a couple of 0.050 thick plexiglass sheets that will lay on the bottom and the driftwood will be super glued on them. I placed the plexiglass in the tank, traced the borders along the rocks and then placed the wood on it supported by some more rocks to get an idea on where and which direction each piece will sheet. For each one I drew a outline of the base on the plexiglass. This is for future reference when I start putting things together and also for gluing the bigger pieces. 3. At this stage couple of the main pieces are glued on top of one sheet that will be on the right side. 4. This one is another dry run with one of the larger stable pieces placed in between. Since things are moving in and out as I put them together piece by piece, these picture are helping me to keep track of what went where as I liked it. 5. The bigger pieces for the left side glued in place. Time to fill up the substrate before placing other driftwood. 6. I put the stones back in line and filled in the aquasoil (slightly moist to hold the slope and place while I am working). Once the soil is added, I placed the remaining driftwood. 7. After a while, removed the stones. The soil is still holding good. Now its time to start the real layout... meaning no more temp placements. 8. This is the first layer of rock. River pebbles. Medium to small size to create the base and hold the soil in place. 9. Mixed in some pea gravel to the river pebbles to get an even mix. 10.Placed the larger rocks at the end. 11. This is the final hardscape after filling with sand and some final finishing touches Comments and feedback welcome.