1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice
  1. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 New Member

I would like some input before I go forward with my new tank.I was wanting to do a dramatic background, a painted black to blue fade. Now I am not so sure I will like it, and might want to do something lighter. I cannot leave it without a background, as the wall behind the tank has a color break. What are your thoughts?

2. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

I would go out and purchase two poster boards, one black and one white. Then take some pictures and see which one you like the best between the two (dark and light). From there you can decide whether or not to go with a lighter background or not. If you need help deciding feel free to post the photos.

-John N.

3. dougz

dougz New Member

For myself, I love the sense of depth I get from a dark background and substrate..

Really makes the plants and fish "pop"..

4. Pat7676

Pat7676 New Member

Some people print out different colors.

5. ReefJones

ReefJones New Member

Good Advise John! I just came back from WallyWorld and picked up 1 white foam board, 1 black foam board, and a ten pack of Hanes t-shirts! (I needed those too!) I just rescaped a tank and I am fooling around with some pics with the back grounds.
    Reef

6. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 New Member

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I painted the back of a piece of glass with the two colors I bought and I did not like it. I will take your advice John. Several people told me that white backgrounds will stress out your fish, and their color will fade out.