1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Aurora project.

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Aurora, Mar 8, 2016.

1. BigAL777

BigAL777 Aspiring Aquascaper

A big key in aquascaping is being patient, I have no patience, so the first few months are the hardest for a new scape.
    Making a solid hardscape is so important, some playing around with plants species can change the look of the scape, but leaving the tank dry and moving rocks around over and over and over is something I found myself doing for weeks at a time just until I get the layout that pleases me.
    I personally don't add fish/shrimp until I have stable plant growth. Remember that an aquascape is about the plants, not the fish. Also if you aren't careful you can kill all of your tank inhabitants by co2 poisoning them, I learned that the hard way.
    Patience is your best aquascaping tool.

Edit: I would also like to add this odd bit of info that really helps me: I found that I became more patient when I focused on something specific. For instance, I can grow plants pretty well, but keeping creatures alive in a tank is something I struggle with. So I focus on checking my water parameters almost every day, it's overkill but it gets me interacting with my aquarium daily, and thus satisfies my urge to "play" with the tank.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    ShadowMac likes this.

Sponsored link:

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

BigAL777

I always did three very simple checks every morning, Smell the water you know what a clean tank should smell like, finger test a quick temperature test, finally use your eyes and, scan every detail not a quick that will do look.

Keith:cat::cat: