1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

ASW Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestion Box' started by John N., May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

This collection of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) provides brief answers to many common questions about AquaScaping World's Features and User Functions.

This FAQ will continuously be developing as new features are implemented and introduced to our community. If you have any questions outside this FAQ please post them in the Feedback and Suggestion Box or use the contact us form.

Frequently Ask Questions Contents
    1. About AquaScaping World
    2. User Control Panel
    3. What is the Alerts System?
    4. Where can I find a listing of my threads and postings?
    5. Where can I find a listing of new threads and posts?
    6. How can I subscribe to and watch a particular thread for updates?
    7. What is the Follow System?
    8. What is 'Your News Feed'?
    9. How do I start a Private Conversation?
    10. How do I Post Images?
    11. How do I Post Video Media?
    12. I'm having registration problems, who do I contact?
    -John N.

2. John N.

About AquaScaping World

AquaScaping World (ASW) is a community of aquascapers and planted aquarium enthusiasts who are dedicated to helping each other design planted aquariums, grow aquatic plants, maintain aquatic livestock, and build global friendships.

Launched in February 2008, ASW has been one of the premier online resources for budding and experienced aquascapes. Over the years, we have offered the aquascaping community resources which include:
    ASW is founded by hobbyists and continues to be maintained and funded by hobbyists. Our community invites participation from around the globe. In our opinion, there is no better resource or community when it comes to aquascaping and planted aquariums then ASW.

3. John N.

Let's introduce the commonly used features on ASW's forum discussion board.

User Control Panel
    Registered Users get to use a variety of features to communicate and keep track of new activity through the User Control Panel (UPC). Once logged-in, the UCP is accessible on the top right tool bars.

As a registered member, you not only get to engage with others on a more personal level, you also get to utilize and benefit from ASW's Alert System.

What is the Alert System?

The Alert System provides instant notification of new Private Conversations, updates to your threads and followed threads, and alerts to when you're quoted and liked. This allows you to efficiently follow your activity and helps you better respond when someone is engaging you,

usercontrolpanel.png

UCP Tool Bar
    The UCP tool bar provides users with one-click access to the most commonly used functions on ASW such as Private Conversations, Alerts System, New Feeds, Followed People's activity, etc.

quickview.png

Your Content - Threads and Posts
    Your content shows you a listing of your recent threads and posts. You're able to track you own activity and see if there were recent replies to your messages.

yourcontent.png

4. John N.

Where can I find a listing of new threads and posts i.e. What's New?
    Click on the What's New found under the main navigation bar.What's New will show you recent thread activity across the whole forum.

whatsnew.png

5. John N.

How to Subscribe and Watch a Thread?
    Use the Watch a Thread Feature. This allows you to subscribe to interesting threads and receive automatic alerts when the thread is updated. The first step is to select a thread to watch and subscribe to.

howtowatchthread.png

Next, click on the "Watch Tread" icon found underneath the navigation tool bar to follow its activity.

watchthread.png

6. John N.

What is the Follow System?
    The Follow System allows you to track the activity of your friends and interesting people. By following people, you will setup a personalized News Feed which monitors your selected members activity. As a result, you can better engage your friends and see what they are saying.

followingpeople.png

7. John N.

What is Your News Feed?
    The News Feed is a listing of activity from the members you selected to follow. It shows you where your friends are posting so that you can join them in the conversation. Your News Feed can be accessed through the UCP's tool bar.

yournewsfeed.png

8. John N.

How do I use the Private Conversation/Message System?
    Private Conversations allow you to communicate to other members discretely. The Private Conversations are located in your UCP, and allows you to invite other participates into the conversation. You can start a private conversation by either using the menus in the UCP, or by click on a member profile.

privateconversations.png

9. John N.

How to I Post a Photo/Image?
    There are two ways to post an image to your post.

1) You can insert from a photo hosting site and copy/pasting your image's URL into the thread (using the Insert Image Icon located in the message toolbar).

photo urls.png

2) Alternatively, you can upload directly from your computer by click upload file. This will give you an option to paste a thumbnail or full image. If you have a lot of images to share, it's recommend that you post one large image and several smaller thumbnails instead of multiple large images in a single post.

attachment.png

10. John N.

How do I Post Video Media?
    To post videos, click on the film strip icon, and then copy/paste the video's URL into the field. This will allow the video to be embedded into the post so that members can directly watch the video without leaving the forum.

embeddingmedia.png

Results:
    resultsvideo.png

11. John N.

I'm having registration problems who do you contact?
    If you're having registration problems such as not receiving the Activation Email, please check your junk/spam inbox first. If you still are not receiving the email confirmations, please contact us through the contact us form, also located at the footer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.