1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Aquatic Scapers Europe - International Aquascaping Contest 2009

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Tobi, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Rudi Giacomini

Rudi Giacomini New Member

June has gone...

Sponsored link:

2. Kimppa

Kimppa Aspiring Aquascaper

And why cant they tell whats going on...:-\

3. Be-Pio

Be-Pio New Member

The judges have vacations.

4. Be-Pio

Be-Pio New Member

The judges have vacation.

5. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

I have emailed them, Tobi himself was moving with his shop the last few weeks, so I´m pretty sure he was busy and the results will be published soon :)

6. Yermolayev

Yermolayev New Member

100+ participants are impatiently waiting for the results. I think it is disrespest to our feelings. But... May be Tobi wants to wait till next contest in 2010. I think it makes sence, becuase taking to acount such an attitude there will be nothing to show in ASE 2010 except layouts of ASE 2009.

7. Kimppa

Kimppa Aspiring Aquascaper

8. Yermolayev

Yermolayev New Member

Congratulations to all participants! Results are finally announced.
    But there were many disqualifications mainly because of publications in AAC Acuavida Aquascaping Contest 2009 before. I think it is not really fair.
    Announcement in AAC was planed to be in June 21. And announcement in ASE was also planed to be in June (not indicated what date exactly). So it is not surprise if participants expected approximately simultaneous publications in both contests. In this case there is no problem concerning rule – layout must be unpublished. But currently we have situation when announcement of ASE results was delayed. I am sure participants did not expect such a delay. As a result participants break the rule against their own will.
    Tobi, if you announced the result in time, for expl in the middle of June there would not be reasons for disqualifications. You made this reason by yourself. This is your mistake.
    What can you tell about it? What can you say to all disqualified participants?

9. GreenReef

GreenReef New Member

….an unfortunate course of things, so the disqualified participants standing as Cheaters in the public

10. Raven

Raven New Member

I got the following email after I sent my participation:
    Having that in mind where did I cheated when I sent also to AAC ??
    And why even that many of the tanks are disqualified, their images and ranking is still to be seen??
    Very bad impression for a new contest...I feel very sad .:sad:

11. GreenReef

GreenReef New Member

if this true your disqualification is not justified and the internal problems by ASE for delay is maked to your problem

12. Rastaman

Rastaman New Member

Congratulations to all participants! There are many great works, but i think that disqualifications doesn't make any sense here. Deadline was May 01, 2009. and it is clear that all AAC participants who submit their works to Aquatic Scapers Europe Contest, submit unpublished work.

13. James Marshall

James Marshall New Member

I Asked Tobi, who i believe is one of the organisers, on the previous page of this thread about entering another contest

14. James Marshall

James Marshall New Member

This was his answer.

I therefore cannot understand why I am disqualified

15. Tobi

Tobi Team Flowgrow

Hi All,

due to some time problems the results had to be delayed. Sorry for all the inconvenience. We do not want to blame any of the participants for our failures, therfore nobody should think he is a cheater. The Disqualifications are due to the double entries with the AAC contest. Of course everybody can participate in any other contest with their tank, but we like to publish the tank first. We put a lot of money and effort into this contest and only ask to publish the photos first ;).
    But this year the timeframe between AAC and the ASE Contest was really small. This should not happen again in the future. We do not think that any scaper did this on purpose (double entry), but we want to ensure that the next years contest shows only unique scapes.

We like to thank all participants for all the great scapes. It was a pleasure to judge them and it was a hard decision regarding the disqualifications. (and not only my decision)

The "Entry Mail" had some earlier date mentioned which was redeclared right after the closing date. Of course nobody should think that he is a cheater, even if his tank was "disqualified". You can still see your points and comments and where you would have ranked. It`s more a formal thing with the disqualifications. We admire all your work and therefor publish all the great tanks at our website. Those tanks will truely inspire a lot of other aquascapers. Thanks for all your great work.

Due to our international jury it was very hard to get all the ratings in the small timeframe. We could not foresee those circumstances. Therefor we did not tell any precise date for the results. Of course next year will be planned a lot better.

At all we do not want to be a recycling contest with layouts shown on many other contests. This was the other reason why we disqualified some tanks this year. We like to see new scapes, not shown at AGA, ADA or any other contest. Even if we only see your 2nd tank from home ;).

@Alex
    A disqualification is not the same as cheating. But please understand that we had to make sure that something like this will not happen again next year. Why we show all the disqualified tanks? We really like those tanks and admire all the work put into those scapes. Those tanks should be presented for all other scapers looking for lovely tanks. And the points and comments of the disqualified tanks show all informations you need to compare your tank with the others.

Hopefully I could clarify some problems mentioned. If you have any other questions or criticism dont hesitate ;).

Best Regards
    Tobi

16. Anti-Pjerrot

Anti-Pjerrot New Member

I think people should think twice when they enter several contests with the same scape.

I truely understand why nobody wants to start an aquascaping contest where all the scapes have already been published at other contest. Its not fair for the either the participants or the people who put in a lot of money and time to make good aquascaping happen.

People - these contest are for us to appreciate and honor with a lot of respect for the people behind. They do this for us so that we can find aquascapes to inspire us and try to get better in aquascaping.

Its not fair for either AAC or ASE. If you enter ASE with your scape as your first - and then enter AAC or IAPLC with the same, you dont ad something new to AAC or IAPLC and therefore i feel you misuse the premiss of a contest.

I can understand why people gets mad over being disqualified since its a very personal thing out in public. But you entered two contest with only one scape. For me its almost like buying one busticket and using it twice - even though its only valid one time.

For me a contest is something you work for, to enter and win. Its not a place to publish you scape for free - its about preparation, dedication to your self and the contest.
    If not its just a joke.

So think about where you want to participate instead of just submitting the same work over and over again.

17. zeneo

zeneo New Member

I agree with Kristoffer when he says; "For me a contest is something you work for, to enter and win. Its not a place to publish you scape for free "

People should be aware of the contest rules, if it says; "Only unreleased / unpublished work produced by an individual applicant is accepted. "..they have no reason to complaint about it.

It seems for me that something is very wrong here. If the Cau-aqua guys were part of the judges, why does the 4th and the 2d place were not desqualified?

It's very strange that they did not know the tank was already published in their site, and with other name. It's also strange when you compare the names of both participants with the one referred on the cau-aqua site. In this case for me is cheating.

18. Raven

Raven New Member

Hi Tobi ! Thank you for your reply !
    First of all I am not mad or angry, just a little disappointed with how things turned out with my first ever participation to an international contest. You see I am a newbie at aquascaping and any position (even the last) would be nice for me. Just wanted to support both european contests , hear the comments of the jury, having fun , keeping the precious experience and improve myself.
    So dont think I have something personal with you or anybody else.
    I just expressed my opinion that it is not fair under the circumstances (of unfortunate events), to disqualifye so many participants because of your mistakes.
    On the other hand I understand that it is not fair for you and the other organizers of ASE that put so much effort, time and money on this contest to just hear us complaining.
    So I wish you best of luck on your next ASE contests.
    Regards Alex.

19. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

Maybe only disqualify any scape that have been published in other competition only.

20. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

on second thought, I think the organizer miss some. I notice some photo is at Acuavida Aquascaping Contest but not disqualify.