1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

aquascaping need help, 5 stones layout

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by carlus, Apr 2, 2015.

1. carlus

carlus New Member

hello everyone, i just started this hobby and let me tell you, it's both so stressful and peaceful at the same time! I have 5 stones I'm trying to set up for my 12" by 48" aquarium and would like your input on it. Personally I'm ok with this but your advice will be greatly put to use. thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Carlus welcome to Aquascape you have come to the right place to learn.

Will you fill in your Country and location in your Profile please.

Aquascaping should not be stressful at all.

I would suggest you make up a cardboard box (no front) just a low piece across the front. Its a lot safer and easier to work on.
    [​IMG]

I strongly suggest you do a lot of research here at ASW and on Google on Aquascaping using a few rocks.

[​IMG]

Looking at your rocks the large rock has a little bit of character but the actual shape is uninteresting.

Rocks 2 & 3 are very small in relationship to the large rock plus would be lost in a planted Aquascape.

Rocks 4 & 5 could also get lost, your smaller stones in an Aquascape could even be larger than 4&5.

Back to the Aquascaping post a few that you would like to do BUT and a very big BUT as a beginner I would very strongly suggest you follow one very simple rule Keep It Simple KIS.

There are a few members who are perfectionist at this method and their work is always outstanding.

Sorry if I appear to be so critical on what you have done but the way you are heading it will become more stressful and far less enjoyable, the answer is research learn and enjoy your Aquascape.

Keep us posted as you go along please.

Keith:):)

3. sushant

sushant Aspiring Aquascaper

All the points here are exact to the point, and need years of experience to point out all these valid point.

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

sushant

Thank you very much as its so difficult to write something like that but I always try to explain the reasons and how create an Aquascape to be proud of.

Keith:):)

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  5. carlus

carlus New Member

thank you so much everyone!

keithgh likes this.