1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Aquascape in Focus: Down the River

Discussion in 'AquaScaping World Magazine Discussions' started by John N., Sep 17, 2008.

1. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

Please share your thoughts and comments on this month's Aquascape in Focus, Down the River by Sergio Canabal.

[​IMG]

-John N.

2. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

Sergio, as I've said before this is a great aquascape. The sandy river and the combination of driftwood is fantastic! Do you have any LIVE pictures of automatic waterchanger and fert dosers?

-John N.

3. SuRje1976

SuRje1976 New Member

Thanks John! I'm not sure that I've got any great pictures, but at one of the NJAGC meetings we discussed the water changer and the auto-doser in detail. Our club's webmaster took some great pics and even a short video of the dosers in action. Have a look!

4. sss1

sss1 New Member

The beautiful tank. I like Anubias, look good!

5. CHUNTC

CHUNTC New Member

Neat, clean,clear,tidy and beautiful. Nice job!^:)^

6. aquaphish

aquaphish New Member

Great setup but it is several years old.

I have not been here for such a long time. What ever happened to the Magizine section? Seems like it is not being done anymore.

7. Carpet

Carpet New Member

Fishkeeping is a lot easier if you keep species adapted to your local water conditions. If you live in a hard water area, then livebearers, rainbowfish, goldfish, Central American cichlids and Rift Valley cichlids all make ideal subjects for the aquarium. If you live in a soft water area, focus instead on rasboras, tetras, gouramis, West African cichlids and South American cichlids. Some fish that are kept in the “wrong” water chemistry do perfectly well, but others will exhibit poor colours and a predisposition to disease. The classic examples are among the livebearers, which commonly develop problems such as finrot and fungus when kept in soft, acidic water conditions.

8. Supercoley1

Supercoley1 Moderator Staff Member

It is a nice setup and really good scape, but all that gadgetry just spoils it for me. Removes the joy of doing these things, being involved in the tank itself etc.

I think if I did a setup like that I'd be proud of it show it off but after a week or 2 sell the lot and enjoy getting my hands on something other than buttons again.

Good to see the technology though :)

AC

9. shikari

shikari New Member

Gorgeous scape,reminds me of a n area in India where I used to go hiking and hunting.

10. globali

globali Aspiring Aquascaper

Very Nice, Pl UpLoad
    big visual for the people.