1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Aquarium NA 90cm

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Nica, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Nica

Nica New Member

Hello to you all,
    After a first draft with an aquarium of 110cm, I'll move to something more pro.
    I've been seeing different brands and products to choose something with quality. Among the choices are the ADA and ELOS and NA(naturalaquario.com).
    Starting at the aquarium I opted for the 90cm because of the space available in the house.
    The aquarium of 90cm ADA costs 490eur extra-clear glass, the ELOS not have that size tank, but the system for an 70cm aquarium system is 1812.51eur and is complete but does not include light system, at those prices , only for the Italians, lol. NA aquarium cost 150.52eur extra clear and 72.19eur for the regular glass. It is clear by what I chose, the NA normal glass! Do not know if the quality of the aquarium will have the ADA, but the quality is quite good of NA and I have no complaint, and extra-clear glass makes a big difference in the aquarium photos, but who see with the naked eye the difference is not so much and did not justify the price.
    Then for the mobile/wood cabinet, ELOS because we know the prices so forget about it, and the ADA did not find for sale in Portugal but in italy 565eur costs, and even if it is available in Portugal would surely not have the quality that NA does, because it has the frieze stainless steel in the mobile and cost only 198.27eur, and what everyone saw good reviews for furniture made ​​of NA.
    I'll try to post the developments of the project
    Some photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For now it is just the wood cabinet, that i'm by the way very happy with it. I decided to order the cabinet allready prepared for a saltwater aquarium, there are some holes when i decided to get into the salt system, and there is also some empty space for the SUMP.

I have two more photos to post, the Arm to hold the light system and the protective foam.
    The Arm to hold the light system of the NA is hollow square tube unlike the ADA that is round, but it's just a detail, because the functionality is the same and aesthetics itself is not very different I think. The Arm to hold the light system of the ADA as I know, it's massive pipe, and the price is also massive: D, but turns out to be tougher and not give the weight of light system, let's see how the NA behaves.
    here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I already have placed the aquarium, and I am already imagining the aquarium set up, but there is still some time, I still have to put the light system, and buy some products. Can't wait to have it water full..
    Here are the photos ....
    [​IMG]
    Here i have more photos, the light system. This is 2xAqua Sun 2 with 150W 8000k lamp, they are pure Stainless Steel, that cost me 2x154,15eur + 24,59eur(lamp) from NA(naturalaquario.com). The ADA light system is much more expensive (412eur in Portugal), and the reflector is not as good as NA, and ADA is only painted aluminum. Even if NA is not so good at marketing and product finishing in not so delicate, the prices and functionality does do their job, i for the price of 1 ADA, i got 2 from NA.
    I bought 2x150W and you may think that for a 90cm aquarium is too much, and that true, but like i said I’m planning for a Reef system in the future, so i decided to speed up the process, and i which a fast growing aquarium.
    some photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next will be the hardscape, not decided yet what to use or do about...
    cumps

Sponsored link:

2. gamma

gamma Guest

Hey Nica!

Welcome to ASW:welcome:

Wow! Very nice! :rock:

Hope you will continue soon...

cheers
    Eva

3. stevo

stevo Aspiring Aquascaper

You have done an amazing shopping so far, some nice catches also. Next chapter is to do something particular at scaping also. Keep us updated! Good luck for the project! ;)

4. EGOIST

EGOIST New Member

Great kit, straight my dream.
    It is a pity in my country is not just go and buy will have to do everything yourself ...

5. Riverboa

Riverboa New Member

That is a great kit. Thanks for sharing. Those lights are enough for most reef set up and may be an overkill for a planted tank that size.

Is there enough space to route filter pipes through the holes on the stand after you placed the light arms?

6. Nica

Nica New Member

update

Yes there is space, not problem on that...

Anxiety increases to fill the pot.

Everything indicates that it will be this weekend ... I can not wait to see the algae grow...

I leave here some pictures of the material that I use for the setup ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    natural aquarium Yamaya Stone

[​IMG]
    natural aquarium Old Wood

See you next weekend ...

cumps

7. Nica

Nica New Member

Hello to you all

got the photo cover of the set up, and want to share, hope you like it...

Setup:

Aquarium 90x45x45cm normal glass
    Wood cabinet: Movel 90x45x85cm wengue
    Light 2= NA sun 2 1x150W 8000k
    Filter Eheim 2213 with Na Charcoal then Bio Filter with NA in e out flow glass pipes
    heater Hydor external 200w
    Substrat: Soil bacteria, Soil Pure, Power Bottom + Soil Bottom e Soil Top
    Aditivs: Water Bacter, Basic K, Safe, Basic Life
    CO2: NA mini set , com 1 bolha por segundo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used plants:

Glossostigma Elatinoides
    Rotala Green
    Rotala Rotundifolia
    Marsilea Hirsuta
    Fetos de Java
    Echinodorus Tenellus

cumps

8. Nica

Nica New Member

Hello to you all...

Well got some more photos of the evolution. No algae at the moment, but they will came i believe, it is just a matter of time :D

Plants are now with some underwater developments, but still not totally adapter to the underwater environment, this will take one more week.

the aquarium was setup on 9/2/2012

10/02/2012 photo (next day photo)

[​IMG]

on 15/02/2012 (1 week pass)

[​IMG]

and that it, will post more some day...

cupms

9. nicolai vandhul

nicolai vandhul New Member

Great scape. Nice wood arrangement. The plants looks a bit wild, but I can also see, that some of them, atleast the marsilea, still needs to drop the emersed leaves.

Looking foreward to follow this nice scape.

Good Job!

10. Nica

Nica New Member

Hello.

No much time to keep the post updated very often.

The algae have appear, as i supposed. My shrimps all died. I think i'm having a problem with my water, it is killing all living animals and may be also influence the plant grow. I hope my water gets better so i can put algae eaters.

Some photos today. 1/3/2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cumps

11. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Hi Nica,

Thats a gorgeous natural looking tank.
    I believe you should trim the foreground so the eyes can enjoy the depth of the scape.

You can grab a portion of your home water, take it to your local fish-store and ask for a water analisys if you dont possess the required tests.

Good work
    Sparrow

12. gamma

gamma Guest

Hey Nica!

Don't worry, I'll think you're gonna manage it:

Concerning the animals:
    Soils, especially ADA soils, emit a lot of ammonia during the first weeks, so you have to do big waterchanges often.
    As sparrow told you, take some of your tank water to your lfs to test it.

How long are your lights on?
    In the beginning 6-8 hours will be enough...

good luck
    cheers
    Eva

13. Fizgig777

Fizgig777 New Member

Like the wild appearance =)

14. abhradip1986

abhradip1986 Aspiring Aquascaper

An inch of trim in the foreground would do wonders to the scape, by the way the tank scape and the get up is simply brilliant!! :)

15. yankadi

yankadi Aspiring Aquascaper

I dont really like dead shrimps on gravel.. :-s Sexy outside, is not like balansed system.. Learn, learn, learn..

16. Peanut8787

Peanut8787 New Member

Every equipment are great. Good:=D>

17. Nica

Nica New Member

Hello. Not more than 8hours.

I'm not too worry about the algae, they are normal at this point.

That is what i trying to...

I really don't know what is the problem, but i think it is getting better the water conditions. By now there are 3 alive shrimps at least, so this means something, i now i'm confident to put some more.

I decided to trim all the plants, i now just wait to see them grow. Also disable one NA Aqua Sun 2, remaining only 1. I will rely only in 150W, cause the light have got a very good reflector.

some yesterday photos
    3/3/2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cumps

18. Nica

Nica New Member

Hello again,

Got some news and update.

The aquarium is quite good, only 1 light system, and its enough. Great!

Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well i also make a visit to NA store, and i toke some photos ate their new set up, that i find out quite good, some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish i learn more how they make the hardscape. They have publish a step by step with all the details on there website pretty useful.

If you what to check out the Step by Step very useful visit: Step by Step

I made a mistake on this tank, i put the wood before i put the stones...blah.

I will make a timming trying to get what i imagine, hope it work out.

Will take some pictures then.

cumps

19. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

nice project,
    keep us update.

something I noticed - the price you paid for the light doesn't match with the shop price, how could that be?

20. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

looking at the tank I can't help but feel you must have exceptionally low levels of Co2, a new tank really shouldn't have that sort of algae and such ratty growth.