1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

All time Favorite Aquascapers?

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by John N., Apr 2, 2008.

1. XPLOSV

XPLOSV New Member

1. Takashi Amano.

and some of the guys from cau-aqua

Sponsored link:

2. Brilliant

Brilliant New Member

Well my favorite aquascapers would have to be the creators of my favorite aquascapes...

“Mountainscape” - Peter Kirwan
    "Syrah" - Filipe Oliveira

I think the most common persons mentioned have great technique but are very predictable.

Looking for the names of the mentioned tanks brings me to another tank I love....

"Beauty of Waterfall" - A.J. Judy Prajitno Putra

3. HatchetHaven

HatchetHaven New Member

In no real order...

Takashi amano
    Filipe oliveira
    George farmer

4. FAAO

FAAO New Member

First of all I would like to thanks to the persons that admire my scapes.
    To be honest, I'll be lying if I don't consider Mr. Amano my first inspiration when I started in the hobbie... Now, I think that some of us can do better then him and be more inovating.
    I'll not give names... I prefer to say that I admire all of you and all the good layouts always caught my attention.

I think that is not fair to refer some names when I admire a lot of people. I can't like the full scape, but there is always something that appreciate on it!

5. Coa

Coa New Member

1. Antonio Nikolic - Rastaman
    2. Zoran Gligorijevic - Gliga
    3. PesaVr
    4. Milan Nikolic - Malke
    5. Igor Kuzman
    6. Zoran Krkotic - Krcko
    7. Macak Mackin

6. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer New Member

1. Mother Nature.
    2. Takashi Amano.

Dave.

7. aaronnorth

aaronnorth New Member

i dont really have a favourite, i just like some tanks and others i dont, if i had to choose it would just be the public in general, some people can produce fantastic pieces and are up there with the well known 'proffesionals'.

when i first started, amano was the most mentioned and after looking at his scapes you could see why, but as i get more knowledgeable about others he doesnt stand out that much IMO.

the only ones i know well of are:

takashi amano
    filipe oliveira
    oliver knott
    peter kirwan
    George Farmer

8. DriN8

DriN8 New Member

waterfaller's inspiration
    Now thats an amazing balance of rock scape for the size of the tank. I really like the vertical component of the perspective.

9. Robert Hudson

Robert Hudson ASW Sponsor

Frode roe, the first best of show in the first AGA contest, and the first "dutch aquascaping" in any international competition, (although after speaking to authentic traditional dutch aquascapers, I learned Frode wasn't as close to the real thing as he thought he was)

Oliver Knott for really starting the whole HC craze.

Norbert Sabat for elegant simplicity

James Hofteizer for daring color

filipe oliveira and Slobodan Lazarevic for originality and incredible detail

Slobodan, (Octopus) has impressed me more than anyone else. I hope he is entering the AGA contest this year, and I am real curious how his mountain scapes would fare in the ADA contest. His style and medium is the most unique, but may be a little too much out of the box for some people to appreciate, but then most real art is.

How many former AGA winners are still active in the internet community and active here?

Each year that the AGA has held its contest, in most years you knew who was going to be the best of show or other high awards. It was alway someone who made a big splash in the internet community before the contest was over. I followed the contest more closely and was more involved with the people in its first years than later, but still I see the commonality right up to now. Frode started in aquaria central, James in my forum... Everybody was talking about Oliver Knott and wanting to know what that low growing plant was long before the contest. Filipe made a big splash, so did Norbert. If Slobodan enters, I think he will be the big winner this time, and the world first saw him in this forum!

10. HiDef

HiDef New Member

Originally for me it was Takashi Amano through the Nature world book series.

As i now try to make myself better it has been such a broad sense. Everytime i see a new scape or unique idea i am inspired. Of course Filipe 'Syrah' will always stand out as a fresh idea. Much inspiration to be gained from such a unique idea.

The CAU guys do inspire me very much but not every tank.

Most of the tanks i have seen from this years ADA are of course inspiration.

To sum up, i really think we are simply an inspiration to each other in many different ways.

11. Robert Hudson

What is the CAU guys, and how do you see their work?

12. HiDef

HiDef New Member

13. Robert Hudson

Oh yeah, the Hong Kong site. I havn't been there is a long time, I forgot about it. I looked at it when they first set it up. There is some nice stuff in there.

I like this one

Creative Aquascape Union

14. HiDef

HiDef New Member

Ahh yes of course.

Has Dave Chow now won 2 years in a row the IAPLC?

:eek:

15. cezar

cezar New Member

No. This year he's ranked 49.

16. HiDef

HiDef New Member

OOPS sorry

Thats what happens when an Ozzie tries to understand all the OS names on the results pdf

:)))

17. Sergiusz

Sergiusz New Member

Hello
    Takashi Amano
    Norbert Sabat
    Minoru Yamagishi
    CAU -all

18. Guillermo

Guillermo New Member

Takashi Amano, Filipe Oliveira, Norbert Sabat, George Farmer, Slobodan Lazarevic, Luis Navarro, Oliver Knott, Steven Chong, Senske Bros...........

19. saintly

saintly Aspiring Aquascaper

for me, it has to be amano. george farmer too, the man's spearheading the uk aquascaping world for god sake.i know not single handedly but he's at the top for me.

ive got to include stan chung, i disciovered this chap a few weeks ago and love his work.

oliver knott 3 weeks ago would not of been in this list, but after researching his work, he can be rather special at times.

i read earlier in the thread that some of the amanos etc (top scapers) are predictable, dont forget that there the inovaters, we are the predictble ones for copying.

all the best

mark

20. Xema

Xema New Member

Well I think I am in the old school, I like aquatic life and aquatic scenery, I love aquascaper who turn on these feelings in my mind. I do not like landscaping, and other variation that try to disguise beautiful aquatic life as terrestrial life, I like moss represents its rule and not trying to seem as a grass land or so.

So my favorite aquascapers are:

- Jose Vicente Ruiz -aka Mortadelo-.
    - Takashi amano in his first period -too much commercial lastly-.
    - Oliver knott, first tanks
    - Erik Leung
    - Luis Navarro
    - Most of the work of Carlos Sanchez -aka tsunami-
    - Tony Gomez

And my favorite in the last years is Norbert Sabat, lot of inspiration for my own tanks.
    But mainly I love aquascapers who stay in the natural way, showing love for the aquatic life.